TrailAir Equalizer Question

navyAZ1

We just arrived back in N. GA and when we went to put our wheel chocks in they would not fit between the tires like they always have. I use a 1/2" pipe clamp and 2 pieces of 4x4 that have been cut on an angle, this system works similar to the "RotoChocks" where it squeezes the 4x4's between the tires. It has never been a problem to put these in place and then tighten them up to chock the tires until today. It is almost as though the tires are now closer together then they were. I crawled under the coach and looked at everything and all seems to be okay nothing broken or obviously misaligned. The only thing I can see is the equalizers are not straight up and down one is angled towards the back of the coach and the other is angled towards the front, could this be the problem? We stayed in a state park just prior to our arrival here that had some huge "speed bumps". I went slow over them but I'm wondering if this could have caused some problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Thanks,

Ron

Willym

I had this problem once, and it led me to discover a broken spring. Assuming that your suspension is intact, your wheels may be closer together because you may have got into your parking space at an angle, Forcing the trailer around short radius bends can do funny things to the wheels. However, I'd expect one side to have the wheels closer together, and the other further apart.

hoefler

Some times when you go over severe bumps or holes in the road way, the shackles can rotate out of proper orientation. Shackles up on one side and shackles down on the other. I have seen this quit often with boat trailers when they are backed off the ramp and hang an axle.

GOTTOYS

It may help to back up then pull forward a few feet when parking it to take the stress off the suspension/wheels from turning while parking. I always do this...Don