3010 converter location

Need some help finding the converter on my new 3010 cyclone. spent about 40 minutes pulling covers and panels with no luck. Found a lot of other stuff but no converter yet:confused:. Had a lot smaller toy hauler before this and there wasn't so many places to hide these things. Life is getting complicated. I figured it would be nice to know where this stuff is before it breaks, so I,m not up in the middle of a cold night trying to figure it out. Any help here would be much appreciated.
Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi oldwoodsman and welcome to the forum. I don't have a Cyclone, but it seems that the traditional place for converters is behind the bulkhead in the basement. You will have to remove the panels to gain access. On the off door side there may be a couple of screws in the UDC (universal docking center) that hold one of the panels in. Once you get back there you will see the water heater, furnace, water pump and converter.
But like I said, I don't own a Cyclone, so I don't know if that info is correct. Have fun exploring.

Peace
Dave

branson4020

Icantre Member
I don't know the Cyclone either, but in most rigs, the converter is very close to the 12V fuse panel, usually more or less right behind it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And unless they've cleaned up their act, it's buried under a jumble of electrical wires, dust and plumbing. Best to move it to where it's easily accessible, the cooling fan is not obstructed, and the unit is not in danger of getting drowned by a water leak.

Thanks for your answers, but I've been in there, behind fuse panel and behind bulkhead in cargo hold and didn't see it, maybe it was buried under all the wires, water lines, and dust "some things just don't change" maybe I'll plug it in and listen for the hum. when I run the gen too much noise to hear it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's a hint. In the first photo, you can just barely see it behind the toilet drain in the back of the photo, under all the wires. The black box is my surge suppressor after I moved it from under the kitchen cabinet on the other side of the bulkhead. (Dealer installed it there for me originally) The second photo is where I remounted both devices to be protected and accessible.

View attachment 12723View attachment 12724

branson4020

Icantre Member
Thanks for your answers, but I've been in there, behind fuse panel and behind bulkhead in cargo hold and didn't see it, maybe it was buried under all the wires, water lines, and dust "some things just don't change" maybe I'll plug it in and listen for the hum. when I run the gen too much noise to hear it.

You can plug your coach in to shore power and turn on all the lights. That should be enough to make the fan in the converter come on.

sdrubrecht

We have a 2010 3010 and the inverter was right where Johndar shows it, buried under a mess of wires,plumbing and trash. Took mine out to install an inverter/converter in a more accessible, safer (no water leaks) place.

porthole

Retired
Behind this panel

The white "pie plate" access hatch is for the plug.

Attachments

• Converter location.jpg
    Converter location.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 85