Bike Holder on Ladder

mcdanik

Any recommendations on a good bike holder that fits on the ladder? Or is there a better place to put one? The bumper or ? We have the Greystone 33QS.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Interesting bike rack. Just bolts onto the pin box mounting bracket. No welding required. Looks like you would either have to remove the plastic shroud (if you have one), or modify it to pass the brackets through. Got any close up photos of your mounting? From their website, it appears all of their dealers are in Quebec, wonder what shipping would be.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't hang bikes on the ladder. Too much bouncing going on back there. There are good bumper mounts but I've heard a couple stories of racks breaking. Some racks even specify not for use on RV's. If I were to carry bikes it would be on the pin as earlier posted or on a front hitch on my truck where I can keep an eye on them.

Birchwood

I don't like being sarcastic but a ladder is a ladder not a bike rack.Companies
would sell anything for a buck but as another member suggested there is
lots of bouncing at the rear and you may end up with a leak eventually.
Many RV problems are brought on by their owners.

noobee

Interesting bike rack. Just bolts onto the pin box mounting bracket. No welding required. Looks like you would either have to remove the plastic shroud (if you have one), or modify it to pass the brackets through. Got any close up photos of your mounting? From their website, it appears all of their dealers are in Quebec, wonder what shipping would be.

I don't have pictures of my mounting.

Mine is an older model and the bracket set up required drilling holes into the pin box. The new bracket system seems to make installation much easier.

They are a Quebec company and they told me that most of their sales are in the US.

BTW: as we are retiring from the road, my rack is for sale. PM me if you are interested.

CS

grampak

Greetings from North Dakota. I was reading this post on bike racks and have been looking. Have you sold your rack ??? I would be interested. Thanks, Leon