Axle Saddle

floridarandy

Looking for axle saddle to use with bottle jack. Quick google didnt' show what I've heard discussed here. If you know where to buy em or can fabricate them for me let me know. 6K Heartland Sundance axle.

Thanks

Randy

jnbhobe

Should find them at any good spring shop, or an RV dealer who actually stocks some parts.

irvin56

I know someone on this forum had a piece of angle iron welded to the top of their bottle jack. this in turn supported the axle in the (v) groove. I believe it was a 8 inch piece

hillsonwheels

Thought "axle jacking" was a no no? :confused: Having said that, found out yesterday that with the level up system getting the "tars" off the ground is easy. When leveling was complete on the site I'm on in our current campground, the driver's side "tars" are a good 4" off the ground. :cool:

Dick

irvin56

frame manufactures don't recomend it, but some do. what ever you want to do. I for one will and have and will continue to lift on frame just in front of tires. Only have to lift a few inchs for complete side to lift. I for one don't want to lay on the ground and try to place under axles. Have pulled trailers for 40+ yrs, I have lifted all trailers I pull by the frame and have had no problems with it.
To each their own. I never wanted to chance bending axles.

jnbhobe

Hey Dick; As long as you got it off the ground, Pull the Tars off and pack the bearings and you'll be half done.LOL

lwmcguir

We have way to much wind in the Midwest to have the coach sitting on a jack stuck under the little skinny light weight frame. Much safer to drive on to the jack, slip a low clearance jack under the spring saddle and change the tire. the Coach isn't likely to slip off the jack under the spring and even if it did, not far to fall. Like the other poster changed tires this way for over 40 years and haven't jacked under a frame yet and don't intend to.