Extended Warranty?

Nebraska

Hello All!

We are new to owning a trailer and are getting ready to purchase the 30 USBH. I have done research and feel we are getting a good price but was curious as to the extended warranty. For about 1400 it extends out to 7 years. It includes a lot of stuff like the refrigerator, a/c, furnace and so on. Is this a good idea to purchase? I would hope a new camper would last a long time and wouldn't have to purchase extra coverage. If something was to go wrong I would assume it would within the 1 year factory warranty?

Any info, input or advice would be appreciated. Thank you all!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
extended warranties can be tricky. Its basically an insurance policy that is only as good as the company that issues the policy. Read the fine print before making a decision and verify the deductible. Most appliances have more than a one year warranty from the manufacturer as do the roof of the RV. Find out who issues the policy and check the Internet for any complaints against them. Just be careful.

rebootsemi

Hello All!

We are new to owning a trailer and are getting ready to purchase the 30 USBH. I have done research and feel we are getting a good price but was curious as to the extended warranty. For about 1400 it extends out to 7 years. It includes a lot of stuff like the refrigerator, a/c, furnace and so on. Is this a good idea to purchase? I would hope a new camper would last a long time and wouldn't have to purchase extra coverage. If something was to go wrong I would assume it would within the 1 year factory warranty?

I assume this warranty is being offered by the dealer? They make about 150% on these warranties, just go on the web and you can probably buy the exact warranty for 1/2 the price. From the research I did most of these are not worth the paper they are written on. If you ever do have a claim they will find every and all (some made up) reasons for not paying.