Negative for park in Monroe, LA

cjbearden

Visitor
Returned on 3/26/07 from Shiloh's RV Resort (Coast to Coast Park) in Monroe, LA. Stayed only one night of our supposed to be 3-night reservation. Not at all up to par with our expectations. Spaces are very tight and short. There is a RULE they stress - No parking on the grass. If you can't park your towing vehicle at your site, then you are supposed to park at the office and walk to your site! Towing can happen if you disobey the RULE! Large fishing pond next to the sites so great for fishing people but not us. Rain was expected for 3/27/07 and after talking to a local RV dealer who said don't be there when it rains, we packed up and headed home (Benton, AR) We could tell from the ruts at our site that it gets pretty muddy. This was a former KOA campground. Lots of permanent or monthly parking there. Also, there are cotton fields surrounding two sides of the park.

As we were checking out and of course being told - no refunds - a gentlemen was trying to check in for a couple of nights and he had recently had his billfold stolen - was just trying to get back home to Georgia. My husband told the park receptionist to let the guy have our slot for the two nights we wouldn't be using it. The gentlemen was so grateful (I hope he still is if it does rain like predicted today!) God does work in wonderous ways. Maybe the good turn will come back around to us some day.:rolleyes:

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I believe you have already been blessed , not to many people out there with hearts of gold and passion. It makes us proud were associated with such a fine RV community.
Sounds like Wally World would be a better place to stay!
Many more blessings---KEN & Kathy

Tom of Ypsi

JD and CJ,

Congratulations on being a good samaritan. I am sure a good deed will come your way with your compasion towards other people good good things are bound to happen.

Uncle Rog

That was a wonderful thing to do for that fella, it sure didn't hurt you and it sure helped him. What goes around usually comes around, but I never have counted on it. If you try to be right with people it usually works in your favor. One of the sayings I was raised with was "no good deed goes unpunished". Thanks for the tip about Monroe, La.....UR

K

Ken Washington

cjwigley2,
I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason and I commend you for taking the opportunity to help someone in need! You will reap what you sow!

Ken