Dirt Devil Built-In Vacuum System now Available

Cooper

I looked at my vac bag and it was not installed properly. Hopefully that will solve my problems

mike

Mike
Well, I am in agreemet that Heartland should find a better place or recess it back into the step a bit. I have super glued it about 5 times now seams like everybody wants to step right on top of it.. Just ordered a new peice this week and will try a new for a while.

Mike

rayw796

Thanks for the heads up

Thanks to the posts here, I checked my vaccuum before trying to use it. I removed the bag of bags and placed a bag over the opening. I haven't used it much as it still doesn't seem to have much suction. Inserting the hose and holding your hand over the hose opening doesn't show any suction.

I wiill try it further and check the basement to see if a hose is broken or cut.

jbeletti

Ray,

Sounds like something is amiss on the vac for sure. That thing really sucks when it is working correctly. Not sure if Heartland has a vac outlet in the storage area but if yours has one, try that one for suction. At least it will help narrow it down for you.

Happy to hear that you read it here first on checking the vac canister "before" using it the first time. Not sure if you read my story but I actually used mine and it worked very well, with the bag of bags plus extra parts in the canister. Had a mess to clean up but nothing broke or burned out.

Still love the Dirt Devil.

Happy camping.

Jim

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We have the Eureka model in ours and it really does a good job,it was one of the few options I let the DW order.:p I use it to clean the storage area , seems those little blades of grass just jump in there. I would say theres a leak in system somewhere ,maybe the outlet in storage area not closing or inside where the hose attach to outlet. Good Luck! Hope something simple.------Ken

rayw796

Success with the Dirt devil!

I got in the basement today and checked the hose for the inside hose port. It was not on the outlet fully. I pushed it down further and it works fine now.

Everyone should watch, though. It does not seem to have any kind of retainer, just pushes over a nipple. Not very secure. If you do anything in the basement on inside of bulk head you should check that you haven't pulled it off.

Ray

kognito

rayw796 said:
I got in the basement today and checked the hose for the inside hose port. It was not on the outlet fully. I pushed it down further and it works fine now.

Everyone should watch, though. It does not seem to have any kind of retainer, just pushes over a nipple. Not very secure. If you do anything in the basement on inside of bulk head you should check that you haven't pulled it off.

Ray

We found this problem with the dirt devil in our Excel. Has worked great since fixing the connection.

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
We have the Dirt Devil in our 2012 BigHorn and so far it's great. My only complaint is that we travel with Fluffy the Boxer and really need a power head attachment to get the hair up. Any suggestions as to a brand that might work?

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We went to a vacuum shop and got two brush heads one for the truck seats and one for the carpet that run off air and it works real good on the dog hair...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have the Dirt Devil in our 2012 BigHorn and so far it's great. My only complaint is that we travel with Fluffy the Boxer and really need a power head attachment to get the hair up. Any suggestions as to a brand that might work?

Our's was dealer installed (Dirt Devil) and came with a Rug Rat power head. Gets the cat hair up. It looks something like this and is powered by the suction of the vacuum. I tried looking at Dirt Devil's parts online, but get an error on their website. Our central vac at home came with one of these, as well. We also have a large turbo head for home that would be a bit large for most carpeted areas in the BH.

http://www.vacuumstore.com/Merchant...roduct_Code=6970&Category_Code=CV-Accessories

http://www.vacuumstore.com/Merchant...uct_Code=8695blk&Category_Code=CV-Accessories

Westwind

We also have a DirtDevil in our new Bighorn, one of those vacuum heads would work well. It has very good suction and did a good job of cleaning up our fifthwheel after we got it home. After trying it my bride decided that I was desigated "In charge of Vaccum Cleaning", I keep getting more titles but no increase in pay! Thought I was retired. I like the fact that we can use it outside if we want to by plugging it into the outlet in the main storage compartment.

Speedy

Savin,

Like most central vac systems the dirtbag is the filter and since it is located in the basement of most models it should cut down on dust re-entering the inside of the coach. Our Yellor Jacket vac works great and I'm in the process of getting a beater head to help on the carpet.

HD2NV

Just got our Brand New Road Warrior and the built in Dirt Devil will NOT shut off any help would be appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi HD2NV,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I can't help with the Dirt Devil, except to say check the place where you plug the hose in inside. I think there is a switch in the connector that the hose turns on the vacuum. If no help there I would start turning breakers off or pull inside of pass through and find plug to unplug it. Hopefully someone that has a Dirt Devil will jump in soon to help out.

Enjoy the forum and your new Road Warrior.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Just got our Brand New Road Warrior and the built in Dirt Devil will NOT shut off any help would be appreciated.

Make sure the cover is pushed down all the way flush with the floor. One of the features is you can sweep dust/dirt up to it, lift the cover straight up just slightly and it will come on and suck up what you've swept in front of it.

sJv

Our 300C had this issue recently, too. We had a lot of people in our trailer, and someone was sitting on the steps above the inside connection. He may have tapped it with his heel and it kicked on. I ended up turning it off with the breaker. I later pulled out the inside connection, disconnected one of the wires on the switch, and it still operated when I turned on the breaker. I did the same thing with the basement connection. I figured it was something with the vacuum itself, which is not easily accessible. After our last trip, I used the vacuum to clean the floor, using the breaker to turn it on. When I was done, I removed the hose and the vacuum stopped. So now it appear to be working ok. I'm a but stumped. It acts like something was amiss with the internal hose connection, but I thought I ruled that out.

So, try inserting the hose, and removing it. Also note that if you slide up the hose door, it will turn on the vacuum so you can sweep debris in to the small opening at the bottom. Maybe your door is in this position?

-steve

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just above the hole for the hose to insert into is a black tab. Press it and see if the unit shuts off. That is the switch the cover has to press in to turn it off/on. We have the Dirt Devil in our rig and the port is the same as the central vac in our house.

HD2NV

Thanks for the reply. We tried everything including using the breaker to turn vacuum off. Now the vacuum will not work at all.