Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dirt Devil Built-In Vacuum System now Available

1. Print this Post   #1
    Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs jbeletti's Avatar

Dirt Devil Built-In Vacuum System now Available

When Jeff and I were at the factory last (mid-March), we found out that the Dirt Devil built-in vacuum system is now being offered as an option. We saw the first coach that was getting one installed.

I've seen these systems in Mobile Suites trailers before. Wondered if they do a good job or not. Anyone have any experience with these vacuums?

We decided to have one put in our Landmark Mt. Rushmore that is being built this coming week.

Jim
    Jim Beletti

Index of my Sundance 262 RB Modifications

Club membership is free and it's easy to join. Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

2. Print this Post   #2

Jim, We had one in our last trailer, Titanium, and I loved it but my wife thought it was just ok. She did not like dragging the long hose around. Would prefer dragging just a power cord. She does the inside stuff though and I do the outside. I just may get one for her for our thirtyth anniversary. .
    [States stayed in while fulltiming

Tom & Judy
    HOC 1048
    SKP 96639

2008 F-450, 4X4, 4:30 rear, Utility Bodywerks, air ride, backup camera and more
    2005 Landmark Classic, Mt Rushmore #9284 Born Feb 2005 SOLD
    2011 MOBILE SUITE 36RSSB3 with vanity slide

Fulltiming and loving it

3. Print this Post   #3

When we bought our house, it had a central vacuum system in it. I hated it. It didn't clean very well and the hoses were a pain. When we remodeled, I had my husband take it out. Of course, we did buy the house in 1982, so maybe the units are better now.
    Nelson & Cheryl
    2005 Heartland Landmark Golden Gate #33
    2005 Dodge Dually Cummins Turbo Diesel 6-speed

4. Print this Post   #4

I used the built-in Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner to clean up some bits of saw dust and metal shavings in the corners of my trailer while my dealers tech was tweaking a few things. So far, the vacuum performs well. We'll see after I try to vacuum with the wide vacuum head attachment on it. Probably should do at least as well as my Shark but hopefully it will be a bit easier to use. My Shark was a bit hard to hold and vacuum at the same time (small canister style).

Jim
    Jim Beletti

5. Print this Post   #5

Central Vacuum Update

Just an update to a previous post of mine, now that I've used the central vacuum system in the Landmark several times. I have to say that I really like it alot.

I do agree with Tom post above though that dragging a cord around is easier than dragging a this hose around. But for me, storing the hose is easier than storing a vacuum cleaner.

Anyway, the vacuum has great suction and really works great to cleanup the trailer. Our routine has us taking an extra half hour on the last day of any trip to cleanup the trailer really good before we bring the slides in, hitch up and head home. That way, she's ready for travel the next time.

If you are ordering a new Landmark (not sure if it is an option for the BigHorn), consider getting the Dirt Devil Central Vacuum Cleaner option if you'd rather store the hose and accessories instead of storing a vaccum cleaner and accessories.

Jim
    Jim Beletti

6. Print this Post   #6

I do not like the vacum in my Golden Gate it is to weak to pick up much. Dirt Devil is usualy a good vac

7. Print this Post   #7

Cooper,

Open up the vacuum canister in the storage compartment and see if the bag is on right and that no other parts are inside.

Mine was delivered with the spare vacuum parts in a bag inside the canister and no bag was installed. My dealer should have caught that. I checked the vacuum at my PDI and it seemed to work but I never took it apart.

Mine works great (it's no Dyson) but it works pretty well.

Jim
    Jim Beletti

8. Print this Post   #8

Yes the BigHorn has the vac as an option,, Showed several people how it worked , then went to find out what was behind the little red door . I found out .. Now do you use a vacuum to clean the vacuum ? Does that create a hole in the universe ?? Well it all turned out OK, and I found the spare bags too.....

9. Print this Post   #9

Jim,
    My Dirt Devil vacuum seemed to be working fine at the PDI and my wife was using it to clean when we brought the trailer home. Then, it stopped running, as if it overheated. When I took off the "little red door" I discovered that none of the bags had been installed. They were sitting inside the unit. The only thing keeping the dirt contained in the housing was the foam protecting the motor. I was surprised that the dealer didn't prepare it for use or warn us that it needed preparation.
    It works well and is a very convenient option.
    Larry

10. Print this Post   #10

Does the Dirt Devil central vac have a power head (beater bar) or is it just a vacuum. My bride is curious about it's ability to pick up dog hair.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast