RVing for Dummies

bluebirdsnfur

I dream of the day when Al and I have our own set routine. I have started a "sloppy copy" check list and add to it with everyone's suggestions. It's just trying to get it all in order.

I don't think I would like moving that many times in a cg but it would sure give us a lot of practice, wouldn't it.:D

Gonna take her out for a practice run this weekend.

caissiel

We actualy did not mind, we met a lot of new neighbours. It was a great way to also realy visit the park as we travelled most of the park in our parkings.

traveler44

I even went out to the state park and talked to some of the owners BEFORE buying the fifth wheel. Most people I've talked to are friendly once they find out you are trying to learn something if not you can always walk away from them. I pulled ours around this little town we live in and watched the wheels clear the curbs in the side mirrors. I always start out with a full tank of fuel that saves having to stop as many times with the 5th whl. on the back but after awhile you will get used to figuring what you can clear and what you can't. Best of luck and hope you have a great time camping. Tom M.

Bobby A

The best thing that could happen to you guy's is if all the good hearted people would get away from you and let you do it by yourself's ! That way there are no nerve's involved with people watching you ! I know what I'm doing when I'm setting up and a group of people, bless their heart's, telling me different thing's kinda make's it worse !
chaseb

Ditto on that one, very aggravating when people are watching and taking bets if your gonna hit something or not. If someone needs help they will ask.

bluebirdsnfur

On Saturday we practice backing up in the driveway. DH did a fair job with me guiding outside. Me backing up, on the otherhand, not good...not good at all! :mad: I finally just made a big ole u-turn in our yard (we have the room) and DH jumped in the truck and I drove the BC around town for half hour or so. Pouring down rain by the time we got back to unhitch and level. Boy was that dirty martini good!!! :p