Elk ridge e26 disappointment

ihsolutions

We own a 2011 Big Horn and have had a few problems with it. None were Heartland's fault, though, they were failures of individual components supplied by third party vendors.

I don't disagree that there are some quality control issues at Heartland. I have posted about this before, not in an attempt to bash the company, but rather to provide owner feedback on areas of improvement.

I've spent a lot of time looking at other brands with scrutiny and can honestly say that these quality control problems are, for the most part, an industry standard. Some of the very high quality brands, like the Sunline trailers I used to own, are out of business. They could not compete on price with companies like Thor. The fit an finish, however, was outstanding -- but it came at a price.

So we must realize that there is a series of trade-offs, and be willing to accept some imperfection in these RV's which really offer a whole lot of bang for the buck. I can tell you that the grass is NOT greener on the other side (other brands). Heartland's customer service is second to none, so if I'm faced with a choice between several equal brands in terms of quality control, I can at least take comfort in knowing that Heartland will stand behind there product where others may not.

To the OP, I hope you get your issues worked out and can begin enjoying your purchase. I think you will find that once you get a few of these kinks worked out, your RV will be quite reliable and last a good many years.