EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Seffner - 3/23/2012 to 3/25/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
I had to stop before I was finished with last post. I was holding up dinner and was getting just a bit of scrutinity from a hungry spouse IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
The best part of the weekend was the Drivers Confidence Course sponsored by Lazy Days. We had a great turnout and all graduates from this course. I sure saw a lot of smiles when they got out of the Ford F350 and Big Horn, after completing the course. In

DSCN6939.JPG

fact I saw at least two ladies driving out of the Rally Park when r helping greatly. Thanks to Jim Beltetti and David Yocum for all their help.

hillsonwheels

The Hillsonwheels are back in their FL nest in Lady Lake.....safely with no more "tar" problems. Gonna have to start the claim process with our insurance Company. Lazy Days estimate for repair was $2500! WHOA!!! How can you ever know when is "the time" to replace the tires. Rauches only had a year on theirs.....I was starting in to the fourth year. Go figure.

Mickey and Bonnie did it again. We enjoyed it all.

Safe travels to all!

Dick

PhilPam

Mickey and Bonnie has set the mark quite high for the future State Rallies as the 2012 Florida State Rally was not just a fantastic event but it was also a great gathering of great people having the fun of their lives. The only problem with the rally was the rv driving course as Pam has shifted from an excellant navigator to a know it all NAGAVATOR along with some other NAGAVATORS. We believe a very good time was had by all attendees. Thanks again Mickey and Bonnie Happy Trails to all.

ljsexton

Thanks Mickey and Bonnie for hosting a great rally. It was out 1st Florida rally but it certainly won't be our last.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mickey & Bonnie, Thanks so much for hosting a great rally. It was our first FL Rally and you can bet we'll be here next year. It was also good to meet Heartlanders from another area of the Country. What a great bunch of new friends.

Sorry we had to leave so early Sunday. Lin has a Thyroid situation that seems to just act up without warning. She's on meds and gets regular bloodwork done but no one seems to have an answer. She can be fine for weeks and all of a sudden she just starts feeling weird. Long story so nuff said....

MICKEY

Guys and Girls;

It was our pleasure. I had a blast doing it, meeting new friends, and sharing what I could with everyone. Max asked me this morning if he needed an agent....I'll have to think about that one.:)

kkamshop

Hope it's not too late to add our thanks to Mickey and Bonnie - great rally, great food, great location, and most of all - a great bunch of Heartlanders!

SF142

Our thanks to Mickey and Bonnie for a super event....our first, but not our last

From the tiniest Heartland RV at the Rally

Tony and Vicki Simms

kmw1173

Hi Everyone, Special thanks to Mickey & Bonnie for hosting a great weekend in Seffner. The dinners and entertainment were wonderful and you can be sure we'll meet up with you next year again. Especially enjoyed the ladies driving course, even though I had a slight problem, cut the corner a little too tight as we pulled out of camp, I was able to back up and correct with little difficulty and made it the rest of the way home with no issues (no one would believe that was the first time I ever cut a corner too tight, had to be over confidence from the course!!!) For now, we are back in our winter "home" Rainbow Resort, in Frostproof, FL and it was good to get back. We are still discussing whether we detour through Alabama on our way back to NY.... Enjoyed meeting everyone, look forward to meeting you all again somewhere in the open spaces.
Kathy & Bill Walzer

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Sorry to be so late posting this but Walter and I would like to thank Mickey and Bonnie for a great rally and all the new friends we made. Can,t wait to meet you all again.
Walter & Linda West

DougS

Doug S
Mickey & Bonnie,
You have done it again, another great rally, a large thank you from Mary and me. Mickey, not to give you more work, but will you be starting a thread on your inverter system, it's awesome, makes mine system look like entry level.

JJnVA

What an awesome rally Mickey and Bonnie coordinated! Many thanks again.... The food and entertainment were outstanding. AND the Ladies Confidence Driving course was the motivation I needed to get in the driver's seat! The friendships made, laughter and stories shared are treasured. Looking forward to seeing everyone at future rallies and again in Florida in 2013! Judi & Jack

JJnVA

Wanted to add an additional comment to my previous post complimenting Mickey and Bonnie's awesome Florida rally. The seminar Mickey held on Boondocking was well attended and many helpful ideas for dry camping shared. I know we came away with new and useful info. Being fairly new at RVing, we would like to see more "sharing tips" on a specific topic-one hour seminars held at state rallies! P.S. The guys really enjoyed seeing the solar system that Mickey had installed on his rig, too.

brauch

Camping Wife
What an awesome rally! Mickey & Bonnie did a super job....this was our first FL rally, but definitely will not be our last. Meeting new friends is just the icing on the cake. Had a wonderful time and the driving confidence course was very informative. I believe our men would enjoyed it also and would have come away with some good pointers also.

MICKEY

Guys and Girls;
I want to thank you all, or ya'll from my southern dialect, for just being there and making this event so much fun. We had a blast hosting this event, and hope everyone had fun as well. I especially loved seeing the girls driving out of the park. It was neat how so many took the challenge and drove their rigs home, and yes Kathy had to make one correction, but my truck was in the way and made that turn too tight for 5er to make with formulas they taught in class. Believe me I heard about the dots on the windshield and mirrors ALL the way home:) If you guys can tell me how to post a bunch of pics I'll try to get some up. Since we have been home we have been doing the 14 hr work day thingy and I have been slow to get them on the web. Thanks again for everyone's support and help.

KiwiRVer

Hey Mickey

I sat in on the theory section of the driver training. Ignore the dots they only apply to buses, oops sorry, motor homes.

Cheers
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.