Sewer hose storage

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Some have added either a home made unit or purchased a frame mounted PVC pipe with caps on the ends. I use a tote large enough to carry all of my connectors and hoses. It's convenient and easy to rinse out as needed.

porthole

Retired
I use a PVC tube mounted under the rear door-ramp. Full frame width. This was a purchased item that was made for this purpose. If I was to do it again I would use a piece of 4" PVC and the required fittings. Two stainless clamps from McMaster-Carr.com and your good to go.

Our 3010 came with the under frame storage boxes. I use that for a second hose and all the sewer fittings.

Bosty

I use a two piece sectional hose and find that they fit very nicely in the compartments for the dump handles.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have about 20 totes in our basement. 1 of them is for Black Water and another is for City Water. The others are all full of various other items, to include cloths and holiday decorations. But remember that we are full timers, so if its not in there its in the living area somewhere. We do like a neat and orderly indoors, so most of the extra stuff is in the basement.

robnmo

We bought a roll of stainless steel mesh wire @ Tractor Supply, bent it into a square, closed one end, put a stainless hinged door on the other end, light chain and quick snap to keep it closed, and used strapping to attach it up under the frame in front of the spare tire. Total cost was about 25.00, and made it large enough to keep all fittings attached to the hoses even carry the spare (additional hose with fittings in there).

ccupton

I store mine in the gas hose compartment. I fits just right. The hose compartment has expanded metal on the bottom so any left over water drains out.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I have been using a tote but I do not like the idea of having it in the basement. So I am planing on doing what Duane (porthole) was describing, I will purchase a 10ft PVC pipe and I will block one end with a stainless steel bolt and the ODS with a stainless steel bolt with a hole drilled for a pin to secure it like a hitch pin... Leaving the ends open will allow the hose to breath ... and allow access from both sides if needed.

Kevin

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Besides my tote, I also have one of these that is OEM. Not sure if the other brands have them installed.

58989-90n.jpg

frumbawa

I went the 4 inch vinyl fence post route with 4" square u-bolts for mounting and hinged end caps I found at camping world. Mounted everything in front of the rear stabilizer jacks just before the fuel station tank.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I went the 4 inch vinyl fence post route with 4" square u-bolts for mounting and hinged end caps I found at camping world. Mounted everything in front of the rear stabilizer jacks just before the fuel station tank.

Frank,

I'd like to see how that looks - could you post photos ? That seems like a real alternative to a what I had planned.

Kevin

gpshemi

I have what 2psnapod2 has. I bought two of them at the dealership that are different lengths. One is short for just dumping. The other is long for sites where I need the reach. They are just zip tied to the bottom of the rig next to the handles. They work great. They we like $20 and look factory under there.

frumbawa

Frank, I'd like to see how that looks - could you post photos ? That seems like a real alternative to a what I had planned. Kevin
Hi Kevin, I will try and snap some pictures when I get home from work and post them for you later tonight.

On Edit: Here's some pics of my setup.

Frank

IMG_4620.jpg IMG_4621.jpg IMG_4622.jpg

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
I had the square fence posts with caps (before kits were available) on my travel trailer. Had them mounted on the frame to store the equalizing hitch bars after disconnecting. Kept the greasy end away from the pants legs.

The fence posts woks good for sewer hose. I added a PVC pipe to carry my flagpole, wouldn't trust that to the fence post PVC.

frumbawa

... wouldn't trust that to the fence post PVC.

Duane - just wondering why you don't trust the fence post for your flagpole. Is it because the end caps are not as secure as the screw on type you can get with PVC?

Kevin - I posted some pics for you. See my earlier post above.

Frank

porthole

Retired
Duane - just wondering why you don't trust the fence post for your flagpole. Is it because the end caps are not as secure as the screw on type you can get with PVC?

The flag pole was over $250. Add two flags and it is up over 300.

With the 4" PVC I have one cap glued on and the other is a screw in cap. I use a pipe plug wrench to secure the cap, so it takes a bit of effort to remove it.Someone is not going to casually walk by and remove the flag pole.

edit - the pipe plug wrench is a simple flat aluminun piece of stock with various square holes for plugs. Couple of dollars at HD or Lowes.

Last edited: