Bedroom Lights B/C

This is our first post. We have just begun F/T RV'ing, and have many questions, but won't ask all of them today. We have an early 2011 Big Country 3500RL, and the bedroom lights do not come on. There is a light switch outside of bedroom that says bedroom lights, when you turn it on the lights go on over the bathroom vanity. There are no other switches that we can find. The lights work in the closet, and the sconces over bed. They are turned on separately. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is hard feeling around in the dark (almost). Thanks so much for your help.

Ken and Sherry

jimtoo

Hi Ken and Sherry,

If some of the lights work, feel along the side of the light fixture itself. You will probably find a small rocker switch on each of the lights, they are hard to see.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ken and Sherry, are you sure that there are not more switches on the wall?? Our Horn has 1 plate with 3 rocker switches just inside on the wall by the sink. 1 is for the vanity,1 for the BR ceiling lites, and 1 for the shower lite. One more thing, all the BR lites can be turned off even when the switch is on. Each lite has a rocker type switch in it. Best solution is to turn on every switch you can find. Then check to make sure that the lites in the BR are turned on at the lamp itself.

We have one wall switch in bathroom, which is labeled bedroom. This turns on bathroom vanity light only. There is a wall switch in the bathroom entry from dining/kitchen area, which is labeled bathroom, and that turns on bathroom lights on ceiling. All the lights on ceiling in bedroom have rocker switches. Ceiling lights do not turn on when rocker switches are turned to on position. I am wondering if we are missing a switch. I do not remember if the lights were on when we did inspection before delivery.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I think the designers at Heartland were having a little fun (or, maybe they forgot to place the bedroom switch in a convenient location, and all that was left was where you will now find it). Stand in the bedroom facing the drawers, place your hand on the right side of the dresser drawers (there is a couple of inches space between the dresser and the wall/sliding door) and, voila ... you will find the bedroom light switch. You will never see the switch, therefor the touchy feely method.;)

I think the designers at Heartland were having a little fun (or, maybe they forgot to place the bedroom switch in a convenient location, and all that was left was where you will now find it). Stand in the bedroom facing the drawers, place your hand on the right side of the dresser drawers (there is a couple of inches space between the dresser and the wall/sliding door) and, voila ... you will find the bedroom light switch. You will never see the switch, therefor the touchy feely method.;)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...... I can see. Never would have guessed.

Sherry