City Water connection is filling Fresh Water holding tank.

When I connect to the city water, after several days of being hooked up, the fresh water tank will fill up. I took our 2011 Cyclone 3612 to the dealer for this and other problems and they said they couldn't get it to do what I said it was doing. I brought the camper home and once again I drained the tank even though the dealer said it was fine. I'm not real happy at this point, and the dealer will be getting a phone call too! What would cause this to happen? This is our first Heartland product and toy hauler too. Need some ideas as to why this happens.

TedS

Re: City Water connection is fillingFresh Water holding tank.

The water may be leaking back through the pump. Connect to city water and remove the pump filter to see if water flows back through the pump. The filter is on the suction, fresh water side of the pump.

hoefler

Re: City Water connection is fillingFresh Water holding tank.

Disassemble the head on the pump. It could have some debris in one of the check valves, it is a straight forward task and not that complicated.

bdb2047

I had same issue problem was debri in pump head as "hoefler" said.Easy fix take pump head off clean it out and reassemble.2 fittings I think 8 screws just be carefull putting screws back in not to cross thread.