Hello Michigan!

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
My job has brought us to Michigan, moved to the Grand Rapids area about 3 weeks ago.

This weekend Jen, Lauren and I are at Muskgon State Park. I learned a very valuable lesson yesterday, before you set up in a Musegon State Park, make sure your water tank is full..... who knew they did not have water hooks ups, it looked like it on the map.

I am looking forward to meeting some fellow MI Heartland Owners......

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I may be mistaken, but I think most of our state parks don't have water hookups. Or sewer, either. There may be water spigots scattered throughout the park, but Mr. Ranger will smack you silly if you hook your rig to it. Back when we used a state park near where we "summer," I filled the tank at the dump station (it was a potable water line), and dumped when we left. If I needed more water, I filled a 5-gallon jerry can at a spigot and filled manually.

Welcome to Michigan. I've been to or through most areas of the country, and I still prefer it here. Even if the economy stinks.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Hey Mark, Glad to see you are still around!! Are you going to Goshen? Good luck on your new place ..

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
No not going to make it to Goshen this year.

Jim, we were thinking of the MI rally, but the comment about the camp site is not really "kid friendly" has us second guessing it. We can't really take lauren to the wineries..... although myabe I could go... hmmmm

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
No not going to make it to Goshen this year.

Jim, we were thinking of the MI rally, but the comment about the camp site is not really "kid friendly" has us second guessing it. We can't really take lauren to the wineries..... although myabe I could go... hmmmm

Then check out this campground. It's where we have a seasonal site. Kid friendly and well run. Close to most northern Michigan tourist traps, too.

https://indianrivercampground.com/

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Leaving for Michigan in the morning. 1st stop Granite City, Illinois, 2nd stop Riverside, MI, 3rd stop Bad Axe, Michigan.