Suggest that old threads be closed and archived...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I would like to make a suggestion that old threads, say over 2 years old. Some of the old threads are still good information but we seem to see readers posting to an old thread that really isn't relevant now. It would be easier to respond to a new thread on a similar subject. It frustrates me when someone posts to an old thread and the subject is no longer relevant and I get to the bottom of the thread and they are answering the OP.

Just my thoughts.

BC

trvlrerik

Would it be a huge pain to do? Other than that I agree, as long as they could be searchable. It does get tough to do a search for a subject and when you read the thread it ends up way off topic.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
By Archive I mean keep them available and not remove them or delete them. They should be available but not to allow users to post to them. Many of the subjects are outdated and it would be better to start a new thread that will have the newest information without having to get to the bottom of a thread and find the poster is commenting on a subject that has been addressed.

An example might be about someone looking for a campground in a certain area on their vacation. It would be good to see pictures or read about the suggestions but the OP's trip has already past. Also some subjects about our trailers and TV's have changed where the subject would be better to start a new thread.

BC

irvin56

Yes I agree. some other forums do that now. Past a date, 1 yr I believe. they are there to read but if you try to post it states, old thread start new one. makes sense.