New backsplash

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey all, just wanted to share the mod we just did. Behind our stove we had some damaged wallpaper from a hot oversized pot. To cover this and also help deflect heat, we installed a pressed tin backsplash. I ordered the tin online. It came in 24x30 sheets. We had to use two sheets, and I trimmed the tin down to two rows high, for a better scale. We removed the trim pieces that were already in the corners and installed the backsplash, then reinstalled the trim. I covered the top edge of the trimmed tin with j-channel pieces that are plastic, made to look like metal. It looks like it was factory installed! The pics make the tin appear much brighter than it does in person. It goes well with the brushed nickel fixtures and hardware throughout the ElkRidge.

Erika

Attachments

• Photo Jun 19, 6 01 47 PM.jpeg
    Photo Jun 19, 6 01 47 PM.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 383
  • Photo Jun 19, 6 02 16 PM.jpeg
    Photo Jun 19, 6 02 16 PM.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 277

mmomega

AnyTimer
Pretty cool, it does look nice. Seeing this just reminded me that I was wanting to get this done as well.

I'm thinking a black one but not 100% yet. Oh decisions.

Good yob.

TravelTiger

Looks nice.
Is your stove top glass, and if so, how do you like it?

Yes, this is the stove top that comes with the Apollo Half-time/Microwave Oven, located below it. It is very easy to clean. We had the same type in our previous NorthTrail, but somehow it suffered an impact that caused a crack to start. We had an unrelated issue with that half-time oven, and ended up getting the stove top part replaced as well, before we traded the NT in on the ER.

Erika

TravelTiger

Pretty cool, it does look nice. Seeing this just reminded me that I was wanting to get this done as well.

I'm thinking a black one but not 100% yet. Oh decisions.

Good yob.

JD, you can see it at the Canton Rally in person! ;)

What ever you do, make sure you get real tin, not the fake plastic that looks like stamped tin. The plastic is not rated to be that close to fire. Here is where I ordered mine: http://www.classicceilings.com/ccp1-catshow/6in-Embossed-Tin-Ceiling-Patterns.html