EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Luray - 9/30/2011 to 10/2/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

porthole

Retired
For those interested in sight seeing - Skyline Drive would be great. Just under 200 miles round trip from the campground. Well worth the park entry fee and a good chance to see some bears.

Hudson

For those interested in sight seeing - Skyline Drive would be great. Just under 200 miles round trip from the campground. Well worth the park entry fee and a good chance to see some bears.

Umm, 200 miles from where? Skyline Drive is only a couple of miles from the campground.

porthole

Retired
Umm, 200 miles from where? Skyline Drive is only a couple of miles from the campground.

Campground to top of Skyline is about 20 miles.
Top to bottom of Skyline Drive is about 104 miles
Bottom of Skyline to campground is about 60 miles

porthole

Retired
Yeah Jerry - he has a toy box but no toys in it :D

"nothing will clear your troubles away like a tank or two of fuel"

Hudson

Oh, well that's true.

To save on driving, the central portion -- between our campground (Thornton Gap entrance off US 211) south to Swift Run Gap (at US 33) -- is my favorite part.

chkwgn

Jean and I made reservations today. Arriving on the 29th. Are we going to have T-****s? Saw earlier that we may.

Chuck

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Outstanding! Show and tell will be added to the agenda (wait, that may be the only thing on the agenda! You know how laid back these fall rallies are).:)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We always remark that the Virginia Fall Rally last year was the best! Your no plan events are awesome! Now let's see, it's a laid back, no plan event so I need to pack Wine, Firewood, Cheese, Firewood, Pot Luck Ingredients, Firewood, Popcorn, Firewood, Hot Dogs and Firewood! No plan yet......:cool:! Ok, you can let me know what hours you'll be needing my site for entertaining...... LOL!

All kidding aside, the Virginia Fall Rallies are the best when it comes to relaxing and getting to really know your Heartland friends!

boatto5er

We always remark that the Virginia Fall Rally last year was the best! Your no plan events are awesome! Now let's see, it's a laid back, no plan event so I need to pack Wine, Firewood, Cheese, Firewood, Pot Luck Ingredients, Firewood, Popcorn, Firewood, Hot Dogs and Firewood! No plan yet......:cool:! Ok, you can let me know what hours you'll be needing my site for entertaining...... LOL!

All kidding aside, the Virginia Fall Rallies are the best when it comes to relaxing and getting to really know your Heartland friends!

Awwwww, you are too kind (keep it coming). Hudson and I are both very good at doing nothing. (Actually, doing nothing is the hardest job in the world - you never get to take a break and do nothing!)

boatto5er

Debra and I plan (that's the operative word) to arrive on Thursday evening, Sept 29, and leave on Mon morning, Oct 3.

Jim & Harriet

Just confirmed our reservation (no site #) for the Virginia Fall Rally - always good to spend time
"doing nothing" with friends :)

hillsonwheels

Why's come nobody is making sure John Latham is coming? He is the fire meister isn't he?????? He travels with wood and if you can get Kevin involved you can melt glass! This rally has made our "A" list. Need to do some planning and make some reservations.

Dick

boatto5er

Why's come nobody is making sure John Latham is coming? He is the fire meister isn't he?????? He travels with wood and if you can get Kevin involved you can melt glass! This rally has made our "A" list. Need to do some planning and make some reservations.

Dick

We're working on him Very hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.