EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Luray - 9/30/2011 to 10/2/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudson

Rally t-shirts (not)

No plans for a t-shirt right now.

There may not be plans for a t-shirt, but Tracy is working on something special for this rally. I dare not say what until she gets it lined up. I can say that if she is able to set up what she has in mind, then HOC members will get theirs for free (compliments of the HOC).

Hudson

Agenda / Theme

Tracy is working out a theme for this rally. She's trying to decide among several interesting choices. I'll post that info once it's known.

Even though this will be a relatively laid back rally, there will of course be an agenda for the benefit of those who require order in their lives (Gus ;)). I'll put it online for download here once it's ready.

Sorry I haven't been more active here lately but I have just been doing so many trips with little time in between. (Which is weird because I usually hate to travel in the summer time, but we joined a membership campground and have been camping there a lot plus several non-RV trips.) There's still a month until the rally so plenty of time for me to get things done. Well, except that I'm only going to be at home for about ten days between now and the rally. Good thing it's a less formal rally.

BTW, Tracy will also be coordinating the pot luck although it will need very little coordination.

At least the band has been hired. Just kidding :D

Hudson

We are past the halfway mark on signups and the rally is less than four weeks away now. The latest two rigs to sign up are new members to the Virginia Chapter. What a great setting to meet new people with their new rigs.

I am still working on some agenda items. This will be a pretty laid back rally but there are still some really interesting and fun things to do while you're there.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Richard and Virginia,

Glad you'll be joining us! It'll be great to meet you. We are also coming in Thursday evening.

Hudson

Well folks, I am off to Florida and won't get back until just before the rally. The rally planning and pre-setup is pretty much finished so that's taken care of. But since I probably won't have the Internet until I get back, I probably won't be able to respond to posts here ... and won't be able to update the attendee list. We all really look forward to seeing everyone in Luray! Make sure to call Shulamit to sign up now otherwise she might take back any unbooked sites -- especially since she gave us her very best sites.

I'm sorry to miss seeing everyone at the MD rally ... wish I could be there with you guys. Have fun in Ocean City!

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Just booked our reservations to arrive on Wednesday, Sept 28th and stay for one week. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Kevin and Nelly

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Just made our reservations to arrive Friday 9/30 and stay for 2 nights. Looking forward to a great time with our Heartland family.

boatto5er

Fourteen rigs signed up. We have six sites left. Come on folks - come spend a nice fall weekend in the Shenandoah Valley!

boatto5er

When will we have the agenda?

I think Hudson has a couple of events planned but not a lot. Expect it will be similar to last fall's schedule - pretty laid back and loose. Hudson is in Florida right now and not due back until just before the rally so we won't have a formal agenda at least until then.

happycampernc

Four more days. Yeah!!! It'll be good to see all. Taking Sara out of school early so we can get there at a decent time.

Status
Not open for further replies.