EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Luray - 9/30/2011 to 10/2/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: Weather forecast

Arrived this afternoon - wish I had my camera ready. We arrived at the same time as the Naigles - two white ford pickups pulling identical Landmark Grand Canyons. Good thing we're not on sites right next to each other. Could get confusing.:eek: Country ham, sausage, biscuits and coffee for early arrivers Friday morning. Good start for the fall rally. Definitely fall by the way. Temps forecast into the upper 40's tonight.

boatto5er

Great looking rally group!

Attachments

• DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    902.8 KB · Views: 40

boatto5er

Landmarks Everywhere!

Twins arrived at the rally simultaneously on Thursday afternoon (Funderburgs and Naigles-Landmark Grand Canyons pulled by white and gold Fords). Our triplet arrived Friday (Greens - Landmark Grand Canyon, but with a Ford F-550 hauler from Classy Chassis). Four Grand Canyons here all together (Wolbecks - Classic Landmark).

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    949.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

boatto5er

The Yurt

The "Yurt" is a great gathering place.

Attachments

• DSC_0066.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 35

jbeletti

Love the rally pics! Great to see my friends - even if only in pics. Hi Kevin and Nelly! Great to see you back on the rally trail :)

Hope everyone had a great time. We had a great time here at the Branson, MO too.

Jim

boatto5er

We are safely home. Still need to take the trailer out to my son's house for storage. Sorry we missed the folks who went to the Mimslyn Inn for brunch, but we needed to get rolling as Deb was starting to feel a little uder the weather again. I will try to get many pictures posted to the Heartland Owners Gallery later this evening if time permits. It was great seeing everyone - Deb and I really enjoyed the weekend, even with the up and down sickness. Hope to see everyone again soon. Look for a Spring 2012 Rally announcement in a couple of weeks.

boatto5er

I posted rally pictures in the Heartland Owners Gallery - Rallies-2011-Virginia Fall (LINK)

chkwgn

Chuck and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put it all together...Tracy you rock!
Jean

camperjohn08

Great Pictures Gus .. Sorry we were not in attenance for this one, but I just don't like mountain climbing at 45 mph..We did have a nice get together with Pam & Jerry in Va beach and had one of our world famous fires also.. Can't wait to see where the spring rally is. But I gotta get my NorthTrail inspected before that.. UGH...

Hudson

Thank you so much to everyone who attended the rally. Tracy and I had a great time hosting this event. I know it wasn't as laid back as the first Rally In The Valley but it sure was more laid back than the East Coast Luau so we are finding our center on this thing.

Thank you especially to everyone for helping out. So many of you did so many helpful things. Thanks for the big things like helping clean up the yurt to the seemingly smaller but also important things like letting me sit down and share a beer (or video game) kind of one-on-one.

I'm not sure we'll be at any other rallies before spring but we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

I want to keep having the Rally In The Valley every year ... about the same time of year. Almost everyone who expressed an opinion said they want to come back to Country Waye again next year. We'll keep Endless Caverns as a backup.

Oh, and if by any chance you decide to patronize any of the nice businesses who contributed to the rally, please thank them for their contribution. We only approached local businesses so these are people that should recognize our name. Tell them it was the Heartland RV Rally in Luray and use Tracy's name because they all know her by name now.

Hope everyone enjoyed the NC rally this weekend ... wish we could have been there because we *love* Crosswinds Family Campground.

Status
Not open for further replies.