EVENT: RV.net Rally: TX, Kerrville - 2/16/2012 to 02/19/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Re: Only 2 sites remain for the RV.net Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville, TV - 2/16/2012 to 02/19/2012

Dean and Jodi, I wish we could make this one because its always fun.

tommckee

Traveling after the first of the year, if intrested how do we get info on Kerrville ralley, location, prices etc. Traveling from (got to get outta the rain) Oregon. This is my first post as a member. Any info will be appreicated, thanks. Tom

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Tom, contact the park ASAP and you can get on the waiting list. Its a great rally to go to.

Good luck!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Traveling after the first of the year, if intrested how do we get info on Kerrville ralley, location, prices etc. Traveling from (got to get outta the rain) Oregon. This is my first post as a member. Any info will be appreicated, thanks. Tom
Tom, welcome to the forum. I would go to the rally website and register. There you will get on the waiting list. http://rvrally.net/
If you can make it, it is a great rally.

Peace
Dave

mmomega

AnyTimer
Well whatdoyaknow, I lucked up and ended up getting a spot after all. We'll be coming in Thursday evening, have to work that morning and hopefully leaving early afternoon. We have another camping couple coming along, I'm still trying to work them into a HL but he said having a paid off trailer is better than having another payment at the moment.... I hate when people make sense. :) See ya'll there.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well we are here at Buckhorn a week early. We were going to just run around for a week but found out we could stay here an extra week a lot cheaper than a few other parks in the area.

If your around drop in and say. You will see me when you enter the park.

BC

mmomega

AnyTimer
JD & Glenda
Hope you went to the Rally site and registered as well as calling Buckhorn.

BC

I did, I was on the waiting list for a little while and they called my DW to ask her if we still wanted a spot. Went back on the site and re-entered our info, I just haven't sent them a pic to put on the Rally site. I hate procrastination...:angel:

HeartLanders Unite

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Glad to see your going to make it. We are in Site#6015 which is on the left when you enter the park.

Incase some of you have not been here before this is a nice place. Here is a photo I took as we were leaving last year.

DSC_0927.jpg

BC

mmomega

AnyTimer
We haven't been there before but the couple coming with us has but it's been at least 5 yrs ago and they said even then it was real nice.
We're going to miss the Thursday night Meet and Greet, just depends on when DW can get off of work. Most likely be early evening when we pull in.

We'll be doing the restaurant Fri and dinner Sat night but may end up heading into Fredricksburg either Friday morning or early Sat just because we need to leave out Sunday so we get back in enough time to unload and get ready for Monday. Luckily it isn't too far for us to travel.

jbeletti

Nancy and I made a couple of changes yesterday to our rally registration. First, we were told that most of the shops in Fredericksburg are closed on Sunday. We were planning to walk the shops before Rock Box, so we were planning to drive ourselves. We're now planning to "take the bus" with most of the group.

The other change we made was to signup for the Valentines Day dinner and show. We took $22 seating as I preferred chairs that faced the stage rather than having to turning our chairs around.

Here's our plan thus far:

Monday:
Arrive early afternoon

Tuesday:
Considering a day trip to Fredericksburg, TX for lunch and shops. Leave around 11 am - anyone interested?
6:00 Valentine's Dinner at CG
7:00 Valentine's Show at CG

Wednesday:
Considering a day trip to Stonewall, TX to tour LBJ Ranch and House ($2). If time and energy allow, we may continue down the road to Johnson City to visit the Johnson Settlement. Anyone interested?

Thursday:
4:30 Meet and Greet (just show up)
6:00 T-Bone Dinner for 2 at the CG (requires signup)
7:30 Cards and Games in rally hall (we're not card players, but we'll hang out for a while)

Friday:
4:30 Leave as a group to Kerrville for dinner at Mamacita's

Saturday:
8:00 - 9:30 Breakfast at CG (ala carte menu)
10 - Noon Craft Show / Tables in rally hall (Nancy will have a Mary Kay table setup there)
6:00 Sweetheart Dinner at CG

Sunday:
1:00 Bus Leaves for Rock Box Show in Fredericksburg
6:30 Potluck at CG - bring side dish to share and own meat to grill

Monday:
Leaving by checkout time

Last edited:

jbeletti

Comment for Heartlanders at the Sweetheart Rally

Hey Heartlanders,

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone next week. Hope you're feeling the same way!

Some of you have been coming to this rally for several years now. This is my 3rd year. I think it's Jim and Bette McGee's 10th year!

Anyway, a comment was made to me recently (by another Heartlander) that in past years, some non-Heartland owners at the Sweetheart rally felt the Heartlanders sort of kept to themselves as a group. I feel this is human nature to want to hang out with your pals and those who you have a deeper connection with (same brand, friendship etc.). But I do understand the comment.

And for 2012, we've somehow managed to comprise the highest (28%) same-brand of attendees at this rally, and while we'll have plenty of time to meet each other, hang out together etc., I'd like to ask each of you to please make a concerted effort to meet, greet and get to know non-Heartland attendees during this rally. Not in an effort to win them over to our brand - that sort of thing happens anyway :) Rather, to show others how friendly we are and truly to meet and befriend more RVers. You never know, you just might make a great new friend!

Thanks and let's have some fun!

Jim

talley

This year would have also been our third year at the Sweetheart Rally. Really feeling bad about having to cancel our trip and not being able to join in on this fun rally. Will miss visiting with our non-heartland friends (great folks), but hope our place was taken by another Heartlander; keeping up the representaton. Great place to learn Mexican Train Dominos and will miss the friendly game of Texas Hold 'em. Great food, friends and activities. Already getting excited about next year. Meanwhile looking forward to Texas chapter rally at Spring. Hope everyone has a great time and safe travels.

Jerry and Diane Talley

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This year would have also been our third year at the Sweetheart Rally. Really feeling bad about having to cancel our trip and not being able to join in on this fun rally. Will miss visiting with our non-heartland friends (great folks), but hope our place was taken by another Heartlander; keeping up the representaton. Great place to learn Mexican Train Dominos and will miss the friendly game of Texas Hold 'em. Great food, friends and activities. Already getting excited about next year. Meanwhile looking forward to Texas chapter rally at Spring. Hope everyone has a great time and safe travels.

Jerry and Diane Talley

Please contact the Mr. Ulmer so he won't be stuck with charges for things ordered and maybe he can get someone to take your place. Mr. Ulmer has ordered a number of things out of his pocket, such as shirts, hats and tickets for things such as the Rock Box.

Really was looking forward to seeing you again. Hope your not having a serious problem. Let me know how your doing.

BC

talley

Bob, we cancelled a couple of weeks ago and I spoke with Larry Ulmer. Did have a sweatshirt ordered and he is supposed to mail it to me (will make it right so he is not out anything). Don't want to miss out on a good sweatshirt that takes off the chill on fishing trips this time of year. After we talked a couple of weeks ago about a visit when you left Livingston, we did get some discouraging medical report. Last week we went to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston after local lab report identified a problem area. Diane had additonal medical test while at MDACC, but we have not received any additional information. Prayers would be appreciated. Hope to see you at the rally at Rayford Crossing. Thanks for the concern.

Jerry and Diane

Please contact the Mr. Ulmer so he won't be stuck with charges for things ordered and maybe he can get someone to take your place. Mr. Ulmer has ordered a number of things out of his pocket, such as shirts, hats and tickets for things such as the Rock Box.

Really was looking forward to seeing you again. Hope your not having a serious problem. Let me know how your doing.

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.