EVENT: RV.net Rally: TX, Kerrville - 2/16/2012 to 02/19/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Bob, we cancelled a couple of weeks ago and I spoke with Larry Ulmer. Did have a sweatshirt ordered and he is supposed to mail it to me (will make it right so he is not out anything). Don't want to miss out on a good sweatshirt that takes off the chill on fishing trips this time of year. After we talked a couple of weeks ago about a visit when you left Livingston, we did get some discouraging medical report. Last week we went to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston after local lab report identified a problem area. Diane had additonal medical test while at MDACC, but we have not received any additional information. Prayers would be appreciated. Hope to see you at the rally at Rayford Crossing. Thanks for the concern.

Jerry and Diane

Hi Jerry,
Sorry to hear about the disheartening medical news. We will keep yall in our prayers. Since we have been there and done that and even got the MDA t-shirt if you need any advice or anything let us know. The best place to stay (in our opinion)
while 'doing the MDA thing' is Lakeview RV Park at South Main and Hiram Clark. Jim, the manager, keeps a close watch on the park and they give a medical discount and have a free shuttle to the Medical Center. It is gated and a safe place to stay. Most those staying there are there for medical reasons. We stayed there for 5 months while undergoing treatment and stay there every time we go back for checkups. MOF (matter of fact) we will be there again in May for my next checkup. Take care and God bless.

talley

Jim, we had stayed at Lakeview RV several years ago when my sister-in-law was at MDA. I also knew that you had stayed there while receiving treatments. In anticipation of starting treatments we had tried to get reservations there, but the stock show and rodeo has all the sites tied up. We finally found a site at the Marina Bay RV Resort in Kema. Bit of a drive to the TMC, but on the other hand a nice area to spend time visiting. We still do not have a treatment but of course are hoping for the best outcome. As I am sure you know, we are very concerned and want "something"done right now! Thanks for your offer and look forward to a visit where some positive outcomes can be shared.

Jerry & Diane

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well we had a bit of a change in climate here. I only see one Bighorn here, which is staying up by the Office.

DSC_0065.jpg

Hopefully it will warm up soon.

BC

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob, we may not have any of that white stuff here in Alabama, but I sure know what you mean by, "Hopefully it will warm up soon".

mmomega

AnyTimer
Last I checked it was supposed to be in the 60's during the day and 40-high 30's at night this weekend in Kerrville. We had some of the white stuff last night too up here in DFW, it wasn't nearly as bad as they were initially saying.

Are there any fire rings at the spots? Most of E.Tx if finally out of the burn ban and a good campfire at night would be nice on those chilly nights.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
J.D.,

I arrived today and did not see any fire rings at the sites. The campground rules rules state " No Open Ground fires at any time. Fires in approved containers only."
If you have a portable fire "pit" please call the campground at 1-800-568-6458 and find out if it is an approved container.

Tonight about 8 of us sat in a climate controlled meeting room for 2-3 hours and had "campfire" discussions.

Last edited:

mmomega

AnyTimer
J.D.,

I arrived today and did not see any fire rings at the sites. The campground rules rules state " No Open Ground fires at any time. Fires in approved containers only."
If you have a portable fire "pit" please call the campground at 1-800-568-6458 and find out if it is an approved container.

Tonight about 8 of us sat in a climate controlled meeting room for 2-3 hours and had "campfire" discussions.

I don't have a pit anymore, oh well I was just wondering. I appreciate the info Terry.

jbeletti

We arrived around 11:45 AM yesterday. We were followed by Kevin/Nelly and Terry/Carol.

Part of the rally group went out last night for seafood and part of us went out for Italian.

Heading to Fredericksburg about 11 am today to sightsee/shop and have lunch.

Terry - I carry a fire pit.

Jim

jbeletti

Had a great day today. Nelly made her 6-week muffin mix and invited any and all, over to their place for muffins this morning. Yum yum!

8 of us went to Fredericksburg today. Spent some time at Opa, a local smokehouse and got some meat and such. Then had lunch at Andy's. Excellent chicken fried steak! Then, time for some shopping. In maybe 2 or 3 hours, we walked the length of 2 long blocks, going in and out of shops. Nice time just lazily ambling around. Even saw a pygmy goat wearing a denim skirt and a diaper! A real goat! He was being walked by a young woman, using the goat to draw attention to a charity she's collecting funds for. Took some pics of the goat (check my Facebook page) and gave her 5 bucks for her cause.

Tonight, many of the rally attendees and a lot of town-folk (maybe 150 people in total) joined Buckhorn in their Red Barn for a Valentine's dinner and show. Really nice time!

Cookie (Dave and Mary) rolled in today. As did Cookie's brother Reg (convert) and his wife Nancy. Jim and Bette McGee rolled in too, as did a good many other attendees that I don't know.

Great to see others posting in this thread that are on their way, planning to join us tomorrow. Kevin, Nelly, Nancy and I are planning to head to Stonewall, TX, east of Fredericksburg to tour the LBJ Ranch and House. Probably head out mid-morning. Anyone want to join us?

Jim

jbeletti

Another great day in Hill country. More Heartlanders arrived as well.

Nancy and I, Kevin and Nelly, and Dave and Mary went to Stonewall, TX and toured LBJ Ranch and Home. On the way back to Kerrville, we stopped in Fredericksburg and had burgers for dinner at a restaurant called Hondo's. Good stuff.

Back at the campground, Terry and Carol hosted a dessert gathering at their RV. I counted at least 18 people "in" their RV. Most of us standing, eating some great desserts and visiting.

Jim

jbeletti

Re: Only 2 sites remain for the RV.net Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville, TV - 2/16/2012 to 02/19/2012

Hi Roy and Sally!

Hey Heartlanders,

Friday morning around 9:30 am at Kevin and Nelly's site (6060), we are having a brunch consisting of Nelly's Bran Muffins with yummy mix-ins and I'm making sausage gravy and biscuits. Maybe some bacon too.

Anyone is welcome to join us. We'll have plates, napkins and flatware. Bring a smile and a drink. Depending on the turnout, we'll likely be standing in and out of the RV - so pretty informal.

Feel free to bring anything to share, though it's not required.

Jim

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Roy,
We're glad you finally made it. We're up here in north east Texas in the fog while y'all are having so much fun in Kerrville.

olcoon

Dog gone Jay, now how can I enjoy the rally & have fun, knowing that Stella is cracking the whip making you take care of the Honey Do list? I probably won't even be able to eat now!!! Oh well, guess I'll make the best of it! It was good meeting you, see ya in Gillette!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Thanks Roy. Try to have some fun in Kerrville. We're getting settled in here but missing everyone. It won't be that long until Gillette.

mmomega

AnyTimer
We'll be headed out towards Kerrville in about 5 hrs, or about 1pm. Hopefully DW can get off earlier than that. I just have some minor things to put in the RV and she's ready to roll. I sure wish my new rear suspension setup would've come in already....oh well.
I'm guessing around 6pm is when we should be pulling in at the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.