EVENT: RV.net Rally: TX, Kerrville - 2/16/2012 to 02/19/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Re: Only 2 sites remain for the RV.net Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville, TV - 2/16/2012 to 02/19/2012

JD,

Put your process in high gear to leave by 11 am and you can make it here by 4 to join us for the meet and greet at 4:30 :)

Jim

mmomega

AnyTimer
Re: Only 2 sites remain for the RV.net Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville, TV - 2/16/2012 to 02/19/2012

It would be nice if we could make it happen like that. Glenda still has to make her appearances this morning and meetings til lunch but I know we're ready to just get there and let the vacationing begin. Besides, it give me time to wash the truck :)

olcoon

Friday morning around 9:30 am at Kevin and Nelly's site (6060), we are having a brunch consisting of Nelly's Bran Muffins with yummy mix-ins and I'm making sausage gravy and biscuits. Maybe some bacon too.

Sounds good Jim, we'll be there!

jbeletti

...Glenda still has to make her appearances this morning and meetings til lunch...

Meetings and appearances - is she on a speaking tour?

Travel safe and see you later.

Jim

mmomega

AnyTimer

President of the Chamber of Commerce, close enough to a speaking tour

mmomega

AnyTimer

Well looks like its going to be a little after 8 pulling in. Rather late start and now everyone is hungry so we stopped in Marble Falls. We'll get there

jbeletti

Another great day in Texas yesterday. We stuck around the campground all day for the most part. Highlights of the day, besides hanging our with our friends...

Made up a huge batch of sausage gravy and biscuits and 4 pounds of bacon - all for a breakfast this morning that Kevin/Nelly and us are hosting for the rally.

Went to the rally Meet and Greet, followed by the T-Bone dinner. A 32 ounce T-Bone! For 2 people :) Then spent hours playing Mexican Train Dominoes. Lots of fun.

Jim

jbeletti

Another rally day done. The breakfast the the Wolbecks and us hosted was great. We had at least 35 rally attendees show up, then a few more after we'd packed up. It was raining this morning, but we were allowed to move the breakfast into the rally hall. Worked out great.

After breakfast, Terry H and I took a ride into town. Walked through Tractor Supply, then through Gibson's Discount Store. Saw rally attendees at both places :)

The campground threw a Margarita open house for rally attendees, and that was very well attended.

A huge bunch of attendees loaded up and headed for Kerrville at 4:30 to eat at Mamacitas. Another great meal! JD and Glenda, was that your group seated last, right behind us? I had no idea that was you. Sorry for our ill manners.

Then this evening, 16 of us played Mexican Train Dominos in the rally hall with several others visiting or spectating. Kevin W won at our table. Fun times!

It rained here, off and on most of the day but you'd never know it by the rally spirit displayed. Well attended events and lots of smiles.

Another big day planned tomorrow.

Jim

jbeletti

Nelly Wolbeck's Six Week Muffins Recipe

For those who asked for it, here's Nelly Wolbeck's Six Week Muffins recipe (PDF attached).

Jim

Attachments

• Six_Week_Bran_Muffins.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 18

jbeletti

A rainy day yesterday eventually turned decent :)

The day started out with a breakfast put on by the campground. Good stuff.

After breakfast, the craft show began in the barn. Several rally attendees had tables.

Then it was "let the games begin" :) We had a couple of tables of dominoes going.

Some of us helped other Heartlanders do some mods in their RVs.

Evening brought dinner in the barn and man was it good. BBQ ribs, chicken and brisket.

It ended up being the most attended evening for games too. I counted 6 tables playing dominoes. Our table finished up around 11:40 - again! Fun times.

Jim

jbeletti

Oh you are too kind JD and Glenda. I think most of us were pretty hoarse by the end of the night. You guys were at the Pro table. Very quiet and focused.

Jim

olcoon

Well, I guess all good things must come to an end. Sally & I really enjoyed ourselves. I ain't had this much fun since.... even though my Mexican Train always seemed to be derailed! I guess we now are labeled part of the "rowdy Heartland crowd"! Here is a photo of the rowdy table of Mexican Train Dominos.

DSCN0302.jpg

jbeletti

Well, asRoy said, all good things must end :( As I type this, we are packing up the inside of the RV. We'll be heading out at 9 am, following Terry and Carol to Dallas to squat in their driveway and go out for seafood :)

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Nelly had some muffin mix leftover, so she made muffins in the rally hall for breakfast until supplies ran out. Yum, yum.

Terry help me do some RV maintenance yesterday and before we knew it, it was time to load the bus for Fredericksburg.

Taking Buckhorn's bus to shows and events is the way to roll. Once in Fredericksburg, we were entertained at Rock Box. I think the show was even better than last year.

Once back at the CG, it was time to make our potluck dishes. 6:30 signaled the beginning of the feed. Around 80 people crammed into the rally hall for the rally potluck meal. Lots of great food.

After dinner, 5 tables of Mexican Train Dominoes broke out. Kevin and I led the rowdy table, ably assisted by Roy/Sally, Dave H and Terry H. Fun times.

We think this was the best Sweetheart Rally we've been too. Not that the rally did anything different. But knowing more people (24 Heartlanders) really makes the difference. And we made many new non-Heartland friends too.

Hat's off to Larry Ulmer, Jim McGee, Terry Nance, Glenn and others who worked hard to plan and coordinate the 10th consecutive RV.net Sweetheart Rally.

And I'd be remiss in not mentioning that Heartland was pleased to be a sponsor of this rally.

See ya next year!

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well the Sweetheart Rally Crew did another great job. Thank you.
And I gotta agree, this was the best one yet.
See y'all next year.

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.