Crawling under the trailer today and...

GOTTOYS

Found 2 zerk fittings on the side side of each of my Trail-Aire equalizers. Had no idea they were there. I need to get a longer flex hose for my grease gun. My tires are pretty close together and I can't get at them without a flex hose on the gun. Also adjusted my brakes today just the way I was taught at the Lippert seminar. It went pretty well after I figured out what direction to move the adjuster wheel. Haven't done any brake adjusting for about ummmm...30-40 years. Decided not to pay somebody and try it myself. Looks like about a 1/2 hour job once I dug out the old tools and the jack. I also removed my new Tri-Glide and ground the top edge a little bit as suggested by the Lippert Service guys, so I could get it up into the top set of holes. Have to get it hitched in the A.M. Should be pretty close to level now. I figured out a way to remove it and install it by myself using some wood blocking on the back of my truck and raising or lowering the trailer to line up the holes using my front trailer jacks. Piece of cake. Pretty tired tonight...Don :D

Razduck

Could you explain the Lippert Service guys advice about re-mounting the Tr-Glide to the top holes, instead of leaving them in their current position.

GOTTOYS

Super Glide is working great. Thanks again Duane. As for getting the pinbox into the highest hole..The problem is along the top front edges of the pinbox. The welds along with the top front edge of the side plates stick out about a 1/8" or so too far along with the sides of the pinbox itself. I dropped mine out and ground the top one inch or so along the top front corners so it will move upward farther. As it comes it hits a crossmember under the fiberglass skin along the front of the area just above where the pinbox goes. I probably voided my warranty in doing this but life goes on...It should fit as it comes from the factory but their tolerances aren't as close as they could be....Don

GOTTOYS

Left side adjusters have left hand thread, right side has right hand thread. Insert brake adjusting tool in hole at bottom and push down on tool to move the wheel inside upward to tighten. Same on both sides. After you get it tightened, start turning it the opposite way to loosen while counting the clicks. On mine after about 4 clicks I could start to rotate the wheel. I had very little, but a slight resistance, after loosening about a total of nine clicks. That's where I left them. Pulled it back to the storage lot this morning and felt like it had much more braking power. I had been noticing a lot of brake dust on my front wheels on the TV after towing before. It always stopped but I felt there was a lack of braking coming from the trailer. Each of my trailer brakes was loose by approx. 10 clicks on the adjusters. I doubt they were ever adjusted up before I took delivery. Hard to get much done on one of those 25 minute dealer PDIs.