EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, New Site - 10/6/2011 to 10/9/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou_and_Bette

This just in--------The Memphis Flea Market will be in Tupelo at the Tupelo Furniture Market on the Saturday, 10/8 of the Oct. 6-9th Rally. One of the largest travelling Flea Markets around.
14 Days to Go

Oh well, there you go...can't bring the motor since I will need the space in the garage when Bette sees this since I probably won't be able to keep it a secret from her. :D

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
This just in--------The Memphis Flea Market will be in Tupelo at the Tupelo Furniture Market on the Saturday, 10/8 of the Oct. 6-9th Rally. One of the largest travelling Flea Markets around.
14 Days to Go
Lou, I will not mention it again.

Lou_and_Bette

14 Days to Go

Great! Thanks Hogan, I'm glad no one else is mentioning this event again:eek:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
14 Days to Go

You mean this event! My wife has already seen it. It is tooooooo laaatttteeee! ;?

hogan

Just 11 days until the Oct. 6th-9th Ms/Al Heartland Owners Rally at Piney Grove campground near New Site, Mississippi. As of today, diesel prices in Tupelo are 3.57 at the Savings station on North Gloster and 3.59 at most of the Chevron and Shell stations. I will update the diesel prices as we get closer to travel days. Who is arriving early? And on what days? Donna and I plan to be at campground on Sunday, Oct. 2nd and will be on the lookout for everyone.
And please try to keep that Flea Market story quiet.
Hogan Cooper

hogan

Terral and Penny May from Webb, Alabama have signed on for the Oct. 6-9 Rally at Piney Grove campground. Just 10 days until Rally Time. Here's the attendees list. If you are coming to the Rally and don't see your name on this list, email me at hogancooper@att.net so I can post your name.

Rally Attendees:

• Wayne and Anita Cooper, Scottsboro, AL
  • Michael and Kelly Barnett, Montgomery, Al
  • Jim and Nancy Beletti, Crossville, TN
  • Jerry and Lily Worth, Montgomery, Al
  • Denny and Ann Olvany, Carriere, Ms
  • Lou and Bette Dick, Ocean Springs, Ms
  • Bobby and Peggy Sheedy, Weir, Ms
  • Bob and Barbara Mansolino, Hartselle, Al
  • Terral and Penny May, Webb, Al
  • Hogan and Donna Cooper, Tupelo, Ms

hogan

Who is he? His mom worked in a laundry. She would not buy him the gun he wanted for his birthday.

Attachments

• littleE.bmp
    39.1 KB · Views: 10

hogan

Good Job Kelly!
ATTN: Do any of you Heartlanders have recipes for convection oven cooking that you have had good success with? You might want to bring them along to share with others at the Rally. And if it is for a really great dessert, I would be happy to perform taste testing. I'm sure we could find some others to help with that.

Hogan

hogan

Information on the Pot Luck Dinner!!!

Pot Luck is on Friday evening at 6pm
My wife Donna suggested that with cooler weather predicted (not cold, just cooler) hot soups would make a good main course for the Pot Luck. She will have a Mexican Soup (Cream Tacos) and a Potato Cheese Soup. So, that provides many options for your pot luck dishes. Just about anything will go with soup; vegetables, salads, relishes, desserts.

GETnBYE

Anita & Wayne will bring:
Thursday nite: Deer summer sausage, dip & crackers.
Friday PotLuck : a tray of small sandwiches and Brownies
Saturday dinner: Salad & Ranch & 1000 Island dressings.

Information on the Pot Luck Dinner!!!

My wife Donna suggested that with cooler weather predicted (not cold, just cooler) hot soups would make a good main course for the Pot Luck. She will have a Mexican Soup (Cream Tacos) and a Potato Cheese Soup. So, that provides many options for your pot luck dishes. Just about anything will go with soup; vegetables, salads, relishes, desserts.

hogan

News Flash-
Johnny Bishop Rv's
in Columbus, Ms. is our sponsoring dealer. They are helping provide our Saturday Steak Supper. If you get a chance to visit them on your way to or from the Rally, you will find them on Highway 45 just north of Columbus. In addition to selling lots of Heartland products, they have a well stocked RV supply store and offer full service for your rig. Oh, and don't forget to bring your steak knives for the Saturday night meal.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Anita & Wayne will bring:
Thursday nite: Deer summer sausage, dip & crackers.
Friday PotLuck : a tray of small sandwiches and Brownies
Saturday dinner: Salad & Ranch & 1000 Island dressings.

Michael & Kelly Will bring:

Friday Potluck - Crackers & Banana Pudding

Last edited:

hogan

News Flash-
Johnny Bishop Rv's
in Columbus, Ms. is our sponsoring dealer. They are helping provide our Saturday Steak Supper. If you get a chance to visit them on your way to or from the Rally, you will find them on Highway 45 just north of Columbus. In addition to selling lots of Heartland products, they have a well stocked RV supply store and offer full service for your rig. Oh, and don't forget to bring your steak knives for the Saturday night meal.

For Saturday Night's Meal- You will not need to bring a dish for Saturday night; We will have steak, chicken if you prefer, scalloped potatoes, salad, and desserts. Some of you may be enlisted for cooking support;

Anita Cooper had a great idea in posting what she's bringing for Pot Luck. As others post, I will put them together and update so everyone can see what is coming or needed. For example, word has it that someone makes great Grilled Garlic Bread.
Started a new thread under Mississippi Chapter titled Pot Luck at Piney.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Hogan,

That's great news about Johnny Bishops RV. Some dealers get it, some do not. Sounds like a dealer that does and one that deserves our support. See you in MS soon!

Jim

Lou_and_Bette

Hogan, no luck on finding the volleyball, sorry. For the Pot luck we are bringing a home made Pimento cheese spread (not to be confused with the stuff for sandwiches) and crackers and also a Banana Pudding (never can have too much of this good eats) that's a little different. We will be arriving on 6 Oct, hopefully early afternoon or as soon as we can driving from the gulf coast but plan on leaving at O'dark thirty. P.S. Michael, don't let Kelly spill the beans about the event we are not mentioning:eek:

hogan

Great to hear about that Nanner Pudding. No problem on the Volleyball. I will get one. Will be looking for you and Bette on Thursday.

Last edited:

GETnBYE

Great to hear about that Nanner Pudding. No problem on the Volleyball. I will get one. Will be looking for you and Bette on Thursday.

Hogan, I am sitting here wondering..........who is going to jump around bopping a volley ball around????????
I need to add to my list of things we are bringing.........2 CHAIRS!! Ha

hogan

You make it sound like the Annual Alabama vs. Mississippi Volleyball Tourney will be a walkover for Mississippi. The chairs may be a good idea for your team. No broken bones please.

GETnBYE

I know you did not just issue a challenge!!!!
Trivial pursuit and charades is about as active as I can do. Alabama has Brain power!!!!!!!

You make it sound like the Annual Alabama vs. Mississippi Volleyball Tourney will be a walkover for Mississippi. The chairs may be a good idea for your team. No broken bones please.

Status
Not open for further replies.