water pump

bobkinner

on a recent camp out. i awoke to the sound of the water pump running,which never happens unless a faucet is open.being at nite i just turned off the pump . when i investigated next morn i found the water was being pushed out of the city water inlet,instead of directed to the faucets. i assume some valve is at fault.
any help would be appreciated. thank you

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
on a recent camp out. i awoke to the sound of the water pump running,which never happens unless a faucet is open.being at nite i just turned off the pump . when i investigated next morn i found the water was being pushed out of the city water inlet,instead of directed to the faucets. i assume some valve is at fault.
any help would be appreciated. thank you
Yep, this happened to us and a couple of other people, according to our Dealer. We had to have a valve replaced on the city water hook up connection.

camr

Bob, there should be a check valve inside the city water connection. You may have to remove a screen if one is present. Try pushing he small valve in and out a few times to get it to seat, or possibly remove some material that is sticking it open.
Cam

brianharrison

Hopefully reseating the check valve solves your problem. If not, there is an o-ring on the check valve seat that somtimes gets dislodged. If you can get access to the back of the city water connection (usually a screw on fitting), you can remove the clip over the white shaft, remove the spring and the check valve stem/seat assembly pushes out the back (after you disconnect the tubing). I have only ever replaced the plastic stem/seat and always re-used the brass housing.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Brian

bobkinner

to further confuse the issue. i took the city water check valve apart. all that was in there was a plastic disk with a hole in the center,and a rubber gasket also with a hole in the middle. how does this stop water???

jnbhobe

to further confuse the issue. i took the city water check valve apart. all that was in there was a plastic disk with a hole in the center,and a rubber gasket also with a hole in the middle. how does this stop water???

It would if you had the rest of the parts, your missing a spring and a solid disc and probably another gasket. I would just replace it with a brass one.

jnbhobe

You also could get a manual garden hose shutoff if you don't mind turning it on & off. That will do the trick for now.