Front cap wrinkles on a 09, 28 RLS

Jane&Bob

Hi Folks......has anyone else had problems with the front cap on their TT? Mine has more wrinkles than an old dollar bill. If there is a fix I'd love to hear about it. I know that there was a problem when I first bought mine and they added the diamond plate to the front. But now the entire front is wavey.

jimtoo

Hi Jane and Bob,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed. I see you have been a member for a while.

We should get some replies soon, or you may do a search on the forum also. I am moving this to the North Trail area.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi Folks......has anyone else had problems with the front cap on their TT? Mine has more wrinkles than an old dollar bill. If there is a fix I'd love to hear about it. I know that there was a problem when I first bought mine and they added the diamond plate to the front. But now the entire front is wavey.

Jane&Bob,
Be sure you have maintained the caulking at the roof edge, as well as around the running lights and the utility light... failed caulk is #1 reason for water intrusion, and this is in your owners manual as your responsibility to maintain.

If the diamond plate was added under your warranty time period, you may be able to contact Heartland and see if they can authorize a full front cap replacement, since adding the diamond plate didn't fix the issue. I would call Heartland to discuss. This was a known issue in 2009 (HL replaced our front cap and added bracing on our 2008 model, under warranty... they did not add the diamond plate, but in 2010 when we sold it there were no new wrinkles.)

Good Luck!

Jane&Bob

Thank you Travel Tiger!!.........I appreciate the help. I don't think it's a water issue. I took out the storage area lights to see if the was any dampness in the isulation behind them and it was dry. I have resealed around the running lights because the cap was bending and seperating a little on top of the light but I don't think any water got in. The roof caulk is still good and there was no need to reseal it. This is our 5th. coach so I kinda got used to checking those areas. Thanks again for the info.
Bob