ATF: ElkRidge - front jacks

tfires

the switch on frount of my 2012 elkridge 5 wheel will not work, but the remote will work on it, it was working but the switch stopped working it. the fuse is not blowen, i cheeked the wires on switch, and they are hook up. any ideals? bo i need to replace the switch?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: ATF: Elk / Eagle Ridge - frount jacks

tfires, I suggest you call Heartland customer service 1st thing Monday morning. Or, if you're not too far from your dealer, give them a call.

goodtruck

The first switch on our 2010 ER went out the 2nd time we used it.took it back to the Dealer and they replaced it under warranty.

B

bwwalczak

I have forwarded your information to our service department. They should be contacting you shortly.

tfires

thank you bryan. my wife got a call from them today, and are sending me a new switch.hope that fixes it.

tfires

i got the switch today and installed it. the jacks still dont work. unless i use the remote. any ideals?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
tfires, as long as the jacks work using the remote, continue with that until you have a chance to have it checked out by a dealer. There has to be a wire shorted or broken within the insulation somewhere. You could use a meter to test the wires from the switch connection to the breaker/fuse.

kccharlie

I've had the same problem - worked during dealer walk-thru, but switch failed 1st time out camping. Remote still worked. Dealer replaced it under warranty, but it's failed again after little or no use. The unit is still under warranty until March, but now I don't have a local dealer anymore and it seems the next closest one is over 100 miles away - long way to go to get a switch replaced. This seems to be a fairly common problem. Is the switch unit/design defective or are some of us just unlucky?

Charles and Ruth
2011 34TSRE
'08 Ford F350 Power Stroke

jimtoo

Hi Charles and Ruth,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

If you feel that you could replace the switch, you might call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and ask for a switch.

Let us know what happens.

Jim M

I had the same problem with my '12 34TSRE, the first time I used it, the outside switch quit, but the remote (thank god) still worked. I'm not sure what the actual problem was as I had the unit repaired by the dealer.

I have the same problem on my 2012 27RLSS. The second or third time I went to use the switch, it did nothing. The remote works, however. I plan to get this fixed under warranty.

danemayer

I have the same problem on my 2012 27RLSS. The second or third time I went to use the switch, it did nothing. The remote works, however. I plan to get this fixed under warranty.

Hi Christian_H,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. As you've already seen, there's a lot of great information here along with a bunch of people who are willing to share what they've learned.

As you can also see from the earlier posts in this thread, one choice you have is to call Heartland and ask them to send you a new switch. Or you can take the rig to your dealer for repair.

fishnwich

I have a 2013 34 TRSE. The front jacks stop working when ever they want. I had the dealer fix it??? Not really they said they fixed it, but replacing the fuse from the battery is not a fix. The fuse has blown 5 time since I have owned it. Another issue is the television. The remote works to bring the noisy television gear unit up out of the cabinet but if you try and use the switch on the side of the TV cabinet after using the switch the fuse blows at the fuse box. Really, they fixed it on the original fix it but both problems stil exist. By the way the television gears are so noisy that you think the gears are stripping out when you use it. Overall this unit is what we expected. I will get back with the dealer I purchased the unit from in Gilroy Ca.

mobilcastle

You need to get out a volt meter and see if you have current where the switch wires connect to the feed wires-if not keep moving back on the B+ wire until you find current. Bad connection or broken wire or fuse or short if the fuse keeps blowing. Should not be hard to find if you battery is in the front compartment or just in the front of your 5ver. Good luck.

danemayer

Hi fishnwich

If the landing gear "stops' and blows the fuse at the same time, and it happens when retracting the gear, you may be retracting too far. Many people have put markings on the jacks so they know when to let go of the switch.

On the TV lift mechanism, if you can see the gears that are making the noise, I'd check to see if they are engaged reasonably well. If slightly too far apart, they could be slipping, making the kind of noise you describe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fishnwich

Thanks for the info.
I have had a number of issues with the front jacks switches. I owned a Cougar prior the getting the 2013 Elkridge in March of 2012. The front jacks are not bottoming out just will not work at times when you use the remote than try to use the switch on the front of the unit. If you start using the remote the switch will not work after using the remote. I had the dealer where I purchase it look at it when I had warranty work done. They changed the switch and said it was fixed. Again not really. The mechanic at the place I purchased the unit also said that Elkridge units blow the fuse for the 12 volt system regulary at the battreries location when you use the jacks more than you would think it should (I have changed it 4 times). Sounds like a factory problem with the switches. Originally the light on the outside of the front storage door area went out. Dealer changed the light looked like a short issues with moisture getting into the light. After reading all of the issues with the switches I think that the factory has some issues with the wiring, switches, or programming remote to switch problems. The switch to raise the TV does the same thing as the front jacks do. If you use the switch on the TV cabinet to raise the TV it will not work. If you try to use the switch more than a couple of times you will blow the fuse and the switch on the cabinet will not work. Same for the remote for the TV. You can use the switch or the remote but not both when using them. The remote almost always will work by it self.

kent_e

The fuse from the battery is always blowing on my 2014 37 ultimate. I'm not very impressed with the whole landing gear system. Plan on buying a canister of 30amp fuses. If you can't find this fuse, it's by the battery in a little plastic container on the wire, it's an inline fuse.