Water Pressure

Sandpirate69

What is the standard or is there a standard water pressure you should have coming out of the water regulator? I have been using a regular water regulator, but it seems that it's pressure is too low. The shower puts out very little water. Should I invest in one of those pressure regulator that you can adjust with pressure gauge?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Road Warrior - Water Pressure

I would definitely invest in an adjustable regulator with a pressure guage. I have mine set at 55 psi.
Have you tried cleaning the debris screen and flow restricter in the shower? Some people have enlarged the hole in the flow restricter in their showers.

Peace
Dave

aatauses

I also have an adjustable one, Watts 263. I set it about 40-42 and happy with that. You can check a web site, rvfilterstore it does a good job of explaining pressure vs flow---I found quite a bit of information there before I ordered my pressure regulator. If you get a set regulator they are usually set at 45.
al

Sandpirate69

I'm definitely going to invest in a regulator with a pressure gauge. I will also look at the shower head and look for the flow restriction. Thanks for the help. I love this website.

jpdoggett

Sandpirate69 I just got a new req with gauge and I also got a shower head that is like they put in the 2012's camper would sell them

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Sandpirate, since this has been resolved, I'll move this post out of the ATF section.

I also have the watts regulator and have it set at 50 psi. A few days ago I saw a picture here on the forum of the factory pressure testing to 90#.
Another place to look for debris in the water system in the fresh water connection in the UDC. That little screen may have gunk on it.

drzr

Do you put water regulators on the coach or the water faucet?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

I put my Watts regulator after the filter, to protect the white water hose and the trailer. A metal washer hose goes from the hose bib to the filter.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

If you're using water filters, along with a Watts regulator, put the regulator on after the filters. Otherwise, the little screen in the regulator can clog with any debris in the water (as I found out). Let the sediment filter catch it, instead.