Winegard Digital HD Receiver-Anyone using one?

tdharley

I installed the Winegard system today and my review is....... WOW wee......WOW...... WOW

I am not usually a WOW wee......WOW...... WOW kinda guy but WOW wee......WOW...... WOW.

First of all let me tell you, I live probably 60 miles to NYC and 40 miles to Connecticut, the 2 closest major network channels. We have one local channel about 10 miles away. At best I would get that channel, "snowy but watchable". I would get the a Conneticut station about the same and on a good day if I stood on one foot, held a pink umbrella in my hand , dressed in a lavander tutu, I would get channel 4, a network channel.

Did I say WOW wee......WOW...... WOW????????

Anyway I hooked this up hoping for a couple of clear channels, I got 9. Not just got 9, they were perfectly clear.DVD quality.

I also got the benefit of now having eveything pretty much wired through this box. Also Dobly Surround sound, perfect.

It was also this simplest thing I have installed yet, including the toilet paper holder. The toughest part was figuring out how to get the TV out.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a WOW wee......WOW...... WOW

So do you think I liked it?

Attachments

• P4270226.JPG
    P4270226.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 51
  • P4270227.JPG
    P4270227.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 49

Jimmyt5

The thing about snow is it doesn't happen, with digital you either get it great or its gone....

Pulltab

Friends of ours stopped by for a week visit and have installed one in theirs and just like you heard WOW WEEE WOOOW WEEEE!

Perfectly clear and multiple channels on one. For instance channel 16 actually had 6 channels! I am ordering me one up today!

ChopperBill

My problem is I don't even have an antenna on the truck camper and just use a dish and like in the Bighorn, because we dry camp alot, we are not in good antenna receiving areas.

tdharley

Oh,well all I can say is that I picked up many air channels that were not available with just the antenna alone.

The sattelite dish of course is much better for channels. I had one in my last rig and it was great but I only used it once in a while so the monthly fee did not make sense for me. I do very little dry camping and most sites have a cable hookup.