Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Winegard Digital HD Receiver-Anyone using one?

1. Print this Post   #1

Winegard Digital HD Receiver-Anyone using one?

I fell for all the good write ups and ordered this from CW

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...m?skunum=35000

Anybody using it, good or bad?

I will install it this weekend if no one can say anything bad about it.
    2006 3500RL - COOL unit, would buy again in a minute
    2000 watt Xantrex Inverter with 1000 remote panel, remote control fan,exterior CD/Radio speaker system, Goodyear Unisteel G614 tires, 2 Fantastic fans, Zaxis remote landing gear control, dual 6 volt Trojan T-105's, Toppers on all slideouts, Sharp portable AC unit

2007 Chevy Classic 3500 DRW- The Heartbeat
    Husky headache rack, 2 rear view camera, B&W turnover hitch, sprayin bedliner, AVIC/Z1 DVD navigation system, Viper remote start & alarm, Husky 5th wheel tailgate, Husky mud guards, chrome simulated wheel covers, Crossfire tire equalization system, Challanger gull wing tool box, Westin Bull bars, PIAA driving lights , Surco luggage rack

Added recently-50 gallon spare fuel tank w/ toolbox in truck bed, front 2'' hitch for bike rack, Computer tower system in 5th wheel, 2 klik clak couches, Carefree power awning arms

2. Print this Post   #2
    Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired katkens's Avatar

I don't have one but have been reading some about these looks positive so far. Sure will be waiting patiently for your report after use,Winegards products have a pretty good rep. Ken
    Ken & Kathy
    Razz (Welsh Springer Spaniels)
    Sneakers , Dancer , Saddie & Autumn- Rest In Peace
    2014 Ford Lariat F350 SRW / CC/ 4x4
    2004.5 Chevy 2500HD/Duramax/CC/SB/4x4 (GBNF)
    Reese Signature Series 18K Hitch
    '07 Bighorn 3055RL

3. Print this Post   #3
    Heartland: Director of Owners Interests jbeletti's Avatar

Looking forward to your review tdh. Looks like most of the newer Winegard batwing off-air antennas are now HD compatible. I assume yours is as well.

Do you have the Olevia LCD TV that Heartland now uses? I "think" some of them have the dual (analog and digital) tuners built-into them. for those with these sets, they won't need the digital to analog tuner.

Jim

4. Print this Post   #4

Did not know about the HD ready thingy. I am not worried about digital or analog though, the CD tuner I have will be the run through.

How do I know if it is?

Remember I have a 2006...........Hmmmm
    2000 watt Xantrex Inverter with 1000 remote panel, remote control fan,exterior CD/Radio speaker system, Goodyear Unisteel G614 tires, 2 Fantastic fans, Zaxis remote landing gear control, dual 6 volt Trojan T-105's, Toppers on all slideouts, Sharp portable AC unit

Husky headache rack, 2 rear view camera, B&W turnover hitch, sprayin bedliner, AVIC/Z1 DVD navigation system, Viper remote start & alarm, Husky 5th wheel tailgate, Husky mud guards, chrome simulated wheel covers, Crossfire tire equalization system, Challanger gull wing tool box, Westin Bull bars, PIAA driving lights , Surco luggage rack

Added recently-50 gallon spare fuel tank w/ toolbox in truck bed, front 2'' hitch for bike rack, Computer tower system in 5th wheel, 2 klik clak couches, Carefree power awning arms

5. Print this Post   #5

tdh,

Look for any paperwork on your Winegard batwing. You're looking for Sensarx or MAxxxx. When you know that model, go to www.winegard.com to see if the batwing is HD-ready.

As for the TV, if it's the Olevia LCDs, look for the model number on the unit itself, then go to www.olevia.com to review the Features tab for your model. It will tell you about the tuners. If it says "ATSC/NTSC combo tuner", then you do have the HDTV tuner built-in.

I know the 42" units Heartland is putting in the 3400 RE has the combo tuner.

Jim

6. Print this Post   #6

Hey Jim

Check out this motorized bat wing Cool !!!!!!!.........

http://www.winegard.com/mobile/motorsensar.htm

My wife says I am like a kid in a candy store.

I say he who dies with the most toys wins!!!!

7. Print this Post   #7

tdh,

Yes, been eyeing that one too - in case I ever have another coach built. May as well use the latest. especially if the TV that comes with it has the digital tuner in it.

You probably find that your non-HD ready antenna will still pick up some level of digital over-the-air channels in markets that have launched. For antennas this small, my guess is that the biggest difference is in the actives and passives used in the circuit to ensure they pass the digital bandwidth as well as the analog bands.

Keep us up to date on your upgrades. Your a mad man on them. Sure wish you had time to take off to head to the rally.

Jim

8. Print this Post   #8

I am taking most of the summer off.

We go to the Americade & Laconia, bike rallies for that week almost ten days. We ride the bike through NY, Vermont & Conneticut. I will be back on the day the Heartland rally starts.

I wish it was a few days later.

Oh well next year.

9. Print this Post   #9

I have the Olevia LCD and wineguard batwing. It picks up HD when you do the auto channel setup for on the air side. It also looks for hd on cable side. What a difference in HD. Sometimes the regular channel is snowy but go to the HD channel and great picture. If only it was not so complicated to figure out. I really enjoy it.
    Dan and Simonne Madigan
    2007 Ford F350 Lariat DRW, 6.0L, 4x4, 4.10 rear end, Tow Command, Reese 20K hitch
    2008 Bighorn 3670 #5915
    Cuttler Road Rv Park
    New Caney, TX

10. Print this Post   #10

madigand,

Thanks for confirming for us that your Olevia LCD does have the over-the-air digital tuner in it to pick up local digital; channels.

I agree, TV viewing in an RV can be pretty complex. Even if you never used cable or a dish, it can still be a chore.

For many, I think the key to making the most of it is better understanding what is available over-the-air, how some of those signals differ from each other (VHF, UHF, Digital etc.) and how that all works with your TV, its tuners etc. Then, why moving to another location requires another auto-tune on the TVs. Then layer on top of that, cable TV, a change in tuner setup, another auto-tune. Then layer on top of that, satellite TV. It can be dizzying.

Jim

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast