ATF: ElkRidge - Dexter specs for running gear

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What products from Dexter are being used on the ElkRidge Line? I am considering replacing some of my Lippert components.

TravelTiger

Helllooooo???? I asked the factory 4 weeks ago what brand running gear (axels, springs, brakes, suspension) is used on the new 2011-2012 ElkRidges. Got no answer. Anyone know?

GOTTOYS

Heartland changed to Dexter in mid 2011 on many of the other larger models. You could call Customer Service or crawl under and look at the tag on the axle. If it says Dexter I'm sure all the rest will be Dexter as well. Myself..I wouldn't replace them if they are good just because you may not like the brand. JMHO....Don

TravelTiger

Thanks Don, I am having issues. I cannot say the Lippert running gear on my 2010 ElkRidge was defective, but I do not have enough confidence to replace it (specifically the axles and springs) with Lippert again. That is why I'm asking the question of the factory. If HL has changed to Dexter on the ElkRidge line, I'd like to know, so I can get similar. I am having some trouble with the repair facility I am dealing with... they seem to be giving me the run-around on being able to get parts.

And yes, I will call the HL customer service 800#... I didn't think it would take 4+ weeks to get a response here, nor 4+ weeks to get my rig repaired.

E