Slide out King Bed Frame and attachment broken.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Our slide did not seem to go out all the way at the top. Had a dealer check it. They found that the slide worked perfect, but the wood bed frame is broken and unattached from the slide. I will mostly be labour (several hours to take apart and repair) to fix to rebuild the frame. Has anyone else had this problem and what was done to correct the issue? All comments would be appreciated/.
Thanks
Wayne

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are handy with hand tools you could probably fix this yourself. Just remove the mattress and then get busy. Mine was redone several years ago. I didn't do it but saw it done and it did not look like it would have been that hard to do. just take it apart, get it square, put it back together and remount it

porthole

Retired
If anything like the problem I had (my fault) remove the mattress, take the panel up and look to see what is broken.
I ended up taking the entire bed frame out of the trailer, rebuilding with some added reinforcements and then put it all back. Helps to have a helper or two doing that.

Birchwood

I actually tore my bedframe apart and cut 4 inches from the width to accommodate a queen bed.If you remove your mattress
and remove the screws from the front bed panel it will probably reveal the screws holding the bed frame to the slide became
loose or maybe they were never installed.Thats all it could be and it won't take you several hours to repair.

porthole

Retired
Don't know how the Big Horn frame is, but there are a couple of posts here showing what it looks like in the Cyclone.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=186203&viewfull=1#post186203

davidg

Wayne I ran a 2"X4" along the both sides of the bed frame from the head to the foot,(as high as I could) then put a short piece of the same (vertical) from the bottom of that one to the slide floor close to the end of the slide floor and screwed it to the slide and the piece that ran from head to foot. I also ran a 2X4 across attached to the two on the sides of the bed frame( even with the end of the slide floor) and put some short legs with the same again screwed to the cross piece and the floor of the slide, if you do this just watch for clearence of the hyd cylinder and the hoses.
David