bed lift will not raise

djwood

I ran the beds down in the garage and now they won't go up.Called Heartland, Got a new control box and wall switch, and neither one fixed anything, still the same. Could it be one of the limit switches? Has anyone had this problem that could give me some advise?

trvlrerik

The bolts that attach the rails to the wall barely clear on mine, it got worked loose once and caused the bed to bind up. I am pretty sure that mine does not have a limit switch as mine will lift an 100 lb kid (dont ask). If I had to guess I would say breaker tripped or upper switch on the high wall is turned off.

71stang99

Mine would not go down unless I removed one of the stops from the track. if I did it went up just fine. Played with it for a bit and realized it was not aligned on the one 'leg' or the bolt that held the bottom stop in preventing chain slop was messed up. Never had the chance to fix it by my own means or under warranty as of yet.

djwood

Thanks for the info, i'll try the stops , the breaker is ok. could'nt find any switch on the high wall, but do have upper and lower limit switchs in the track. I checked them with an oam meter. lower is 1.1 and the upper is .04. checked the motor , it works both ways .

porthole

Retired
I am pretty sure that mine does not have a limit switch as mine will lift an 100 lb kid (dont ask).
are all the way up or down.

The limit switch limits upper and lower travel, not weight. Prevents the motor from continuing to run after you

I was having a problem with my garage beds not coming down however they would go up. I did not realize that they had limit switches so after reading this thread, I found that one of my limit switches was activated by a bungee cord I was using to hold some lawn chairs in place underneath the beds. Once I looked at the bed rails and looked for the limit switches, the bungee cord was my problem. Hope this helps others that may have garage bed problems.

cpoores

bed will not go up far enough

I have to lift one side or the top bunk bed to put the pins it it. It is just the drivers side front and back. The passenger side goes up far enough to put the pins in easily.
How do i adjust this???

robnmo

I ran the beds down in the garage and now they won't go up.Called Heartland, Got a new control box and wall switch, and neither one fixed anything, still the same. Could it be one of the limit switches? Has anyone had this problem that could give me some advise?

Ours does the same, will go down but not up, I used a small wire and jumped the two pins in the telephone wire of the switch and they go up just fine. Bad switch, new switch on the way but haven't installed it yet to see if that fixes the problem, according to Heartland if the beds work one way but not the other it's the switch. Have you tried jumping the switch wire at the switch to see if they raise?