Best way to kill all DC power!

Kirkmg23

Brand new 2011 XLT 287RL..Is there a way to kill all the power to the trailer to save the battery when stored during the week? I know I can leave a cord plugged in, but does anyone recommend a battery on/off switch and where would the best place to put in line..Thank you

jimtoo

Re: Best way to kill all power!

Hi Kirkmg23,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You could install a battery disconnect switch or just remove the neg cable from the battery.

Enjoy the forum and your new Sundance.

Jim M

Manzan

I put a marine battery switch on ours. Attached it to a plate mounted between my batteries. Real simple to switch it on or off. I put a knife switch on one of the batteries on my old trailer. Prefer the marine switch.
I used the same switch as JohnDar

Last edited:

GOTTOYS

Or you could just pull one of the battery cables off. Doesn't matter which one it will open the circuit from the battery...Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I installed one of these on the wall behind my hydraulic pump and battery box on the positive side of the battery. Comes in handy when I'm doing maintenance at the storage yard and don't want to mess with connecting/disconnecting the battery.

Kirkmg23

Thanks everyone, I will add a battery switch and from the sound of it, at the battery, in the front storage will be the easiest...thanks again "CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR FIRST OUTING"

caissiel

I bought a $4 ground disconnect at Wally World and installed 2 on my batteries and just unscrew the knob to disconnect the batteries. I prefer doing the ground as it kills all power to the batteries and will last over the winter disconnected.

Last edited:

brianharrison

41jz1xKeGEL__SS400_.jpg
Another alternative, if it will fit in your battery box.

Brian

Attachments

• 412QVN5N2JL__SS500_.jpg
    412QVN5N2JL__SS500_.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 19