Feedback requested on new Landmark full body paint scheme

DougS

Doug S
Another vote for too busy, our thoughts also were that it reminds us of a hurricane. I like the designs on the 2011 models, perhaps just improving slightly on them would be best staying with waves or arcs instead of swirls.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
WOW!! IF I spend the money for full body paint, I want it to stand out......and that stands out. It might be more suitable for the Cyclone brand though or you can try it on my North Trail. I won't mind.

hoefler

Too much for me. To me, it looks like a brand trying to be all flash and no substance. I like the more subtle, elegant look.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Like the colors. Do not like the design. Does not look "classy" to me. Looks "loud" and "chaotic". I agree with all the other comments saying it belongs on a toyhauler and/or looks like a hurricane.

bdb2047

We have full body paint on ours and are happy with it.Some things look different when you see actual product but I would not purchase what I see in picture.

osims

bsims
Bill and I really love the new paint scheme. The darker colors changed it up a lot and if you need another test unit we have an 09 Landmark you can use.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I know I'm gonna be in the minority here...but I've reserved comment for a few days, cause I wanted to keep looking at the pic. I have to say it's grown on me...the more I look at it the more I like it!!

Yes it's bold...but I think that's actually what I like. It makes a statement "Here I am, and d**n I'm gorgeous!!"...fact is, it looks very similiar to paint jobs I've seen on some very high end motorhomes....if it's good enough for them...it's good enough for a Landmark...;) LOL...

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is too much spin for my liking in the design. I do like the color combination though. When I first looked at it it almost made me dizzy. I can see that it draws your attention too the Landmark name though. Which we could afford the FBP scheme.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I would like to see a picture from the front, showing the front and the side at the same time.

Willym

The numerous swirls cheapen the look. Might look OK on a Montana or Cougar, but not Heartlands top of the line. I also think that the full body paint is spoiled by the white roof and white ACU's. Higher end motorhomes have their roof and ACU's colour coordinated, although that may not be possible with an EPDM roof.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
When I see black A/C's on the roof of higher end rigs, all I can think about is how much harder they have to work to stay cool,. IMHO.
Try a little experiment. The next time it is hot outside put on a black shirt go outside, then switch to a white one. You'll get my point. Give me the white one anyday. Trace

Last edited:

cheslady

We are considering a new San Antonio with full body paint. We just saw the new "chocolate" color and will not make that choice. We love the look of the current "tan" color and will probably go with that decision. In our opinion, the tones are softer and classier. I am new to the forum..just signed up today. I would be interested in knowing how others like their full body paint.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Looks like I am in the minority...I like it! I love the boldness...many of the Class A's in our (and one Royals International 5ver) in our park are colored similiarly and they really look nice. If you go go with full body paint isn't it because you want to be different and stand out in a crowd?

IMO the old 'cream' look was cheap looking. If you've ever been in a show room where there are several Landmarks with full & half body paint - it looks like the full body paint is dingy compared to the crisp white of the half body paint.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just saw the new Landmark full body paint at the Southwest RV Supershow in Dallas, and WOW it looks great!!! It was right next to a Redwood 5ver, and they are very similar in color. All the talk of "too busy" goes out the window... Literally, the frameless windows and break it up just enough... It looks great!!! We really liked it in person. Also nearby, they had two of the new BiG Country's with the golden paint scheme. Love them too!!! Very nice!!

E

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I like the half body paint scheme better than the full body, but both are beautiful. I like that it stands out in a crowd but full body may be too much.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There was a new Key Largo here at Oak Plantation over the weekend. We finally met them this morning. They are from a little east of Dallas and just picked up their new rig last Thursday. I have to say, in person, the new paint scheme is really very impressive. Not all that different from many Class "A"s we've been seeing. The new owners name is Charlie but I forgot his wifes name. They winter in Mission, TX
They had a 2011 Grand Canyon and just moved into the KL. We gave them info on the forum and the HOC so hopefully they'll take advantage of that info.

On edit, If I were a betting man, I'd say the KL in Jim B's starting post was the very same one we saw at Oak Plantation. :cool:

Last edited:

kiddruger

Nancy and I love our full body paint and are some surprized that they've change it already. We picked up our 2012 Grand Canyon early May and would've ordered the chocolate full body if it had been avalible then. I guess I'm still young at heart and still like to be loud.The only draw back to full body paint is the chipping I'm getting on the front of the camper from throw back from the truck and yes the truck has mud flaps and also a full flap system under the bumper.

Last edited: