Took delivery of our 300C finally!

oscar

The Deka plant is in Kutztown PA. Last time I was at the scratch and dent store was 5 years ago, call and check whether they are still doing it before you make the trek.

Urban350

I can't believe it's been 10 months since I updated this tread! The rig is still leak free and hopefully all dialed in.

Getting ready for another trip to so cal to play in the warm desert and had a few odds and ends that I have been wanting to do....

I built some carpeted shelves for the front compartment to cover exposed power terminals/cables. Storage in this model is at a premium, so you have to be organized!

Before:
Made some wood spacers to get the plywood up off the battery valves:
carpeted and installed:
12V Refer/freezer sandwiched in there with storage for beer/soda:
I also built a little shelf in the A/V cabinet as permanent home for the satellite box while on the road:

Looking good. Glad to see you are enjoying it now.

CrazyCooter

Will be updating this thread with more pics soon as I install a much needed third axle under the 300C! :cool:

A new 7K axle, tires, wheels, and fender flares are on the way. Working on getting Correct Track weld on spring hangers and have a huge parts list for the rest of the small parts.......

BarneyFife

Will be updating this thread with more pics soon as I install a much needed third axle under the 300C! :cool:

A new 7K axle, tires, wheels, and fender flares are on the way. Working on getting Correct Track weld on spring hangers and have a huge parts list for the rest of the small parts.......

Dude. You are the man. You've been changing that camper since day one.

Why don't you just buy mine. I'll meet you in Oklahoma. ;)

CrazyCooter

Like the Winchester House, the building keeps going! I have everything else just the way I like it now, but the weight has gotten a little too high with the addition of the Maverick.

Now why would you want to sell your rig now? Its a collector!

BarneyFife

...Now why would you want to sell your rig now? Its a collector!

This is true. Plus we've had to replace so much stuff, its almost brand new. :D

Actually we're in that "middle of the road" situation. If we sell it, great. If not, great. The youngest son has switched to Tae Kwon Do from the quad racing. So we don't have to be at the tracks until 2:00 instead of 8:00 in the morning. So day trips are easy.

We still have reservations at Fort Wilderness in November so at least if we don't sell it, we're going to Disneyworld! ;)

CrazyCooter

We walked though a 4114 Cyclone this weekend and the wife was ready to trade till I told her how much it was going to cost us and the thought of starting over with rebuilding another new unit.....The old 300 suddenly looks real good again!

The cost of the project is surprisingly expensive even though I'm in the business and will entail a lot of work. But with some prep over the next couple of weeks, should be able to make the swap in one weekend. Just ordered another pair of G614's this afternoon.:eek:

That Fort Wilderness looks like a pretty cool camp spot for a resort. Maybe some day we'll get down there to check it out..... So much out here in the west I want to see and not enough time as it is.

BarneyFife

We walked though a 4114 Cyclone this weekend and the wife was ready to trade till I told her how much it was going to cost us and the thought of starting over with rebuilding another new unit.....The old 300 suddenly looks real good again!

The cost of the project is surprisingly expensive even though I'm in the business and will entail a lot of work. But with some prep over the next couple of weeks, should be able to make the swap in one weekend. Just ordered another pair of G614's this afternoon.:eek:

That Fort Wilderness looks like a pretty cool camp spot for a resort. Maybe some day we'll get down there to check it out..... So much out here in the west I want to see and not enough time as it is.

If Disney and amusement parks are your thing, Fort Wilderness is tough to beat. Its typically always a five star deal with the ratings. But its just over 600 miles for us. Probably over 3000 for you.

CrazyCooter

Figured I would update my photo thread with my latest modification....the triple axle conversion. I posted more pics details in the modifications section.

Half race...full pimp! looks like a good photochop huh?

Proof

CrazyCooter

Newer addition to the family......

Seems like no matter how big your garage is, you still run out of room. I built this swivel wheel trailer last summer to fit two ATV's or one ATV one cycle for when the Maverick is in the garage.

alex00

Seems like no matter how big your garage is, you still run out of room. I built this swivel wheel trailer last summer to fit two ATV's or one ATV one cycle for when the Maverick is in the garage.

It's a great setup. I've been following this thread since I joined the site. The finished product looks amazing. Does it take long to unload and unhook the swivel to get the ramp door down? I'm guessing 64 feet bumper to bumper with the swivel trailer?

CrazyCooter

Thank you Alex.

The trailer unhooks/hooks with one person easily as long as the ground is flat and hard surface....anything else requires a second person. Unload, unhook and door open within maybe 10 mins? I used standard 2" receiver, 5/8" hitch pins, and a 4way flat for the LED lights. I have not measured overall length yet, but the swivel adds 8' to the 40.5' 5er....should be somewhere around 61-63'.

More pics here:http://s293.photobucket.com/user/crzyctr/library/Swivel Wheel Trailer?sort=3&page=1

I towed this once to 330 miles Coos Bay and back before the third axle addition....I knew after that trip the third axle was going to happen. Stability, brakes, and tires ratings just wouldn't cooperate. The last time I had no fuel in the tanks and minimal water to keep the tail lighter. Tonight I road tested with full SXS fuel tank and both fuel tanks under the trailer full. It's more stable now in it's current state than it was with no swivel and two axles so I feel pretty good about it now. Stops good too!

Installed a Sleep Number bed yesterday too, so that has to be good for at least 50lb off the hitch and a better rested driver!

alex00

I liked the build pictures on the swivel. What a great solution to running out of room. I was thinking about something like that to haul quads on my SOB trailer, but now the toy hauler is on the way. It's got to be nice to have the trailer dialed now. It still amazes me how they added the third axle and made it all look factory. Without knowing better I would never guess that was done after the fact.

CrazyCooter

It it nice to be what feels like done with this project. The rig has been trouble free for the past year and a half and that gave me time to focus on the upgrades and camping.

Adding that third axle was quite a job to say the least. It took months of measuring, guessing, and acquiring parts. My wife and I did most of it in a weekend with a friend stepping in after she was tired out after 12 hours one day. Any time I tackle a project, my goal is to have it turn out like the factory should or could have done it or better. Lots of practice on customer vehicles over the past 22 years!

I just have to stop now or ill have to buy a class 8 truck!

alex00

I didn't realize you actually DID the work. That makes this about 1000% more amazing. You've got incredible skills! I don't think I've got the stomach to tear into a trailer like you did. I worry about drilling holes in paint for a small light.

CrazyCooter

Thanks again!

The only thing I didn't like about the outcome is that it ended up 1" taller than I wanted, but it would have either been a ton more work or not as strong to keep it low.