3600RL Kitchen Slide Roller Support Failure

Forrest Fetherolf

Scott,
I have attached photos of the kitchen slide roller support failure. The photos reveal that the support roller was installed in the middle area under the refrig rather than closer to the right edge where all the loading occurs. You can see that the support roller had already been moved once at the factory, but not far enough to support the load. The other photos show the extreme loading on the roller to the point that it is leaving deep grooves on the underside of the slide.

The roller can be relocated to the edge without difficulty, but the roller is obviously not wide enough to distribute the load. If you will provide adequate width rollers, I will do the modification.

This condition also occurred with the bedroom slide. I was able to move the rollers closer to the slide edges and install 4 larger screws to secure the rollers. This mod appears to have resolved the problem.

The factory should consider supporting the slide plywood floor with steel "L" or "C" reinforcing to eliminate the floor bowing between support rollers.

Attachments

• SV400009.JPG
    SV400009.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 197
  • SV400010.JPG
    SV400010.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 201
  • SV400011.JPG
    SV400011.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 198
  • SV400012.JPG
    SV400012.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 157
  • SV400013.JPG
    SV400013.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 203
  • SV400014.JPG
    SV400014.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 175
  • SV400015.JPG
    SV400015.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 167

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Forrest,
You may want to look at the photos on Post #1 of the following thread. It shows a problem that I experienced with my slide. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=2170

Forrest Fetherolf

Ken,
I read your post a while ago. The support bracket is in place and the main floor some what straight. This problem is nothing more than the slide roller is undersized for the load and placement is wrong.
Thanks for your info.......................I am waiting for a response from Heartland.
Forrest

Scott

Forest,
I am going to forward your post and photos to Jim Fenner in our customer service department who will work with you to alleviate this issue.
Can you please email Jim (service@heartlandrvs.com) with all of your unit info and contact info? He will be your point man on this, and we will get you taken care of.
Thanks.
ST

Last edited by a moderator:

Forrest Fetherolf

Scott T. @ Heartland,

Thanks for you response, I have emailed Jim F. photos and suggestions for the fix. If we can come up with a remedy, I will be happy to share the information with other owners that might experience similar problems.

Forrest