EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
More folks added to the Attendee List. Glad it's not this weekend.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Gulf State Park
  • 22050 Campground Road
  • Gulf Shores, AL 36542
  • 1-800-252-7275
  • www.alapark.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $
Details:
  • Number of sites held: 31
  • Site fee: per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 4/20/2012
  • Potluck time: 6:15pm
  • Event Leader: hoganc(click to contact)
Additional Info:
This will be the Spring Rally for Mississippi/Alabama Chapter of HOC; this venue provides so much opportunity for everyone; Beach is part of state park, Outlet Shopping, Golf, Great Seafood Restaurants, Naval Museum, Blue Angels, only 8 miles to Florabama, bike trails, hiking trails, No hurricanes.
More information will be added as we move toward the date of the Rally. Site cost will be added to the data soon.

Attendees:

Wayne and Anita Cooper, Scottsville, Al
Jerry and Lily Worth, Montgomery, Al
Michael and Kelly Barnett, Montgomery, Al
Dave Yokum and Julie Hancock, Virginia
John and Noel Whitney, Magnolia Springs, Al
Jerry and Jaci Volden, Germantown, Wi
John and Darlene Borysewicz, Grand Blanc, Mi
Hogan and Donna Cooper, Tupelo, Ms
Harry and Betty Lindsey, New Orleans, LA

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
It was really nice sitting outside here tonight. You could not have asked for a better weather night to sit outside.

Lou_and_Bette

As I mentioned in our PM Hogan, put Bette and I on the list...hopefully we can get this rally inder our belts before I wear out my welcome with the other great folks we met last weekend:D

hogan

Hello Lou,
There is no advantage to making reservations at this time. Should be no problem to do the reservations either late February or early March for the April Rally. When you do a reservation, they charge you for a deposit which amounts to one day fee at that time; no use in having your money tied up all that time. I will post on the forum and by email when the time is right. Got pictures of you and Bette that are really good. Anita posted a group of pics on the New Site thread, you can see them there and download to your computer.
Bobby and Peggy Sheedy showed up at our campsite down at Choctaw Lake this past Saturday. It was good to see them and a surprise. They live pretty close to that campground. The campground is pretty and has about 20 sites. It will close Nov. 1st for winter; open next spring. Very peaceful and quiet. We are headed up to Kentucky this Sunday for a visit with friends working at Amazon. Found out one of the campgrounds I planned to visit also was closing on Sunday. Cold weather must be around the corner.
If you are headed down Florida way this winter, we will be there from 12/29 until April 1st. Tampa RV show in mid January.
Hogan

Lou_and_Bette

Sorry Hogan, I must be missing something, I went back to the New Site thread and only found the group photo. Is that what you were referring to?

Lou

hogan

l&b.jpgNo, I got a bunch of pictures that Beletti had sent to me. I will get one to you. Give me your snailmail addy. and try to post it here. click on the picture to make it larger.

Last edited:

pennymay

Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

We are so getting ready for this trip. We have been talking about this one alot and we both can't wait to see our friends we have meet and waiting to meet new ones. Come on April.

Penny

hogan

Tom and Millie Combs have signed up for our Spring Rally at Gulf State Park. They are from Sebree, Ky and will stop by on their way home from a trip to east coast. Welcome Tom and Millie. Also got an email from John and Noel Whitney confirming they will be at the Rally. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

Hogan, thanks for the invitation. We'll be there!

hogan

This week we had two more out of stater's sign up for our April Chapter Rally at Gulf Shores Alabama. The party just keeps getting better and better. Jay and Stella Coffman, Texas HOC ambassadors, and John and Sue Younger from Surprise, Arizona have signed on for the Rally.

Last edited:

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

Well Hogan and Donna, we plan to be with you at the great Alamissibamasippi Spring rally and can't wait to see our Southern Heartland kin again. We will make our reservations around February, do you have a site area in mind so that we can be grouped close together?
We will be leaving for FL after Christmas at home with family, so we will see you both in Tampa. We are looking forward to as many campouts with our Heartland family in 2012 as we can manage. Merry Christmas to all, and wishing you a healthy and Happy New Year.

hogan

Woo Hoo!!! What a way to start off the week. The First Family of Heartland Owners Club, Eric and Dorothy, Flying Dutchman, has joined up for the AL/Ms Spring Rally down at Gulf Shores, Alabama. All of us in the Alamissibamasippi Chapter look forward to having you be with us.
Eric and Dorothy are headed toward setting a record for most Heartland Rallies attended in a year.
Merry Christmas
Hogan and Donna Cooper

Lou_and_Bette

Hogan, not sure if this is where I should address this but I have been following Jim B's thread regarding the National rally in Gillett and noticed he mentioned that if we wanted to be group with our chapters to coordinate with our leader and it would be arranged through you? I am excited about meeting old and new friends in Gulf Shores and Bette, while somewhat apprehensive about going the long distance to the Wy rally, has agreed to have a go at it. So, if you and/or other chapter members are planning on going, is grouping together a good idea or do others like to be sread out so they meet new people?

Lou

hogan

Heh Lou, great to hear you and Bette will be going out to Gillette. Donna and I have it on our schedule. I will check with others in our Chapter to see who plans to go. As far as grouping together, I like that idea as it gives us a chance to have some chapter get-gethers in between the many activities that will be going on at Gillette. We will do lots of visiting with the other folks at the Rally. You are going to love it. Be on the lookout for the message to be issued on signing up for the Rally; should be in the next few days. Merry Christmas.
Hogan

Lou_and_Bette

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the X-mas card...I have been checking my e-mail every day on getting home from work and again before I go to bed, that's how excited I am about this rally (usually checked once a week before)
Lou

ncc1701e

Hogn, I finally got around to actually making my reservations today. Spoke directly to the campground asked to be with the Heartland group. Asked about site assignment, the kind lady said not until we check in.

hogan

Who will be Rig #20 for the Gulf Shores Rally? David and Susan Gondron from New Iberia, Louisiana have signed on for out Spring Rally, April 26-29 at Gulf State Park. As cold as it is in Florida this morning, I am looking forward to a warm spring day on the Gulf Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.