EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

I gotta start laying out the stops for our trek down there and back. Probably run I-69 to Indy and then I-65 the rest of the way towards the Mobile area.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

John,

If you're in need of an overnighter here are a few we can attest to:

Northgate RV Park - Athens, AL (exit 354 off of 65) Easy on, Easy off. $24 a night full hook up. http://alabamarvtravel.com/

Caboose Lake Campground - Remington, IN (exit 201 off of 65). $26 a night full hook up. http://www.cabooselake.com/

Capitol City RV Park - Montgomery, AL (home for us) $27 a night full hook up (I believe) http://www.capitalcityrvpark.net/

Hope this helps in your planning!

Looking forward to meeting you!

JohnDar

Sweet! Thanks!

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

Great to have Mickey and Bonnie, our Florida chapter leaders, come and join us for the Alamissibamasippi Spring Rally in Gulf Shores State Park. These folks know how to get their Rally Shoes on. Mickey, will advise when it is time to make our reservations.
Hogan and Donna

2psnapod1

Sweet! Thanks!

John I should also mention that the Camping World in Calera, AL (just off 65 as well) has a small full-hook up 'campground' at the end of their parking lot that they allow travelers to spend an overnight free of charge.

ncc1701e

John I should also mention that the Camping World in Calera, AL (just off 65 as well) has a small full-hook up 'campground' at the end of their parking lot that they allow travelers to spend an overnight free of charge.

Thank you very much, trying to plan our return trip to KY after leaving Gulf Shores. This would split the trip almost exactly in half.

2psnapod1

Thank you very much, trying to plan our return trip to KY after leaving Gulf Shores. This would split the trip almost exactly in half.

You are more than welcome! Calera is quite small but does have a Walmart and a few restaurants if needed.

JohnDar

Thanks again. I was planning on an overnight near Birmingham. That might just fit the bill. Do you know, is it first-come or do they take reservations. It would be at the end of a long drive and trying to hunt down a spot to park it in a strange area would not be good.

2psnapod1

It is first come first serve but we've never been there when it was full. It's a relatively new place so I don't think a whole lot of people know about it yet. We are on our way there as I type this...getting some warranty work down on the coach.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Add another Michigander to your list. If I counted right, make us Number 27. Really looking forward to being down there after a long tax season. Wish We could leave now

hogan

Great to have the Michiganders (new term for me) Gerry and Debbie Adkinson rig#27 sign up for the Spring Rally and today I also got a call from Terry and Ann Adkins Tea-Ann2 rig#28 who are coming to the Rally in April. Then our friend's Larry and Judy Haines committed to making the Rally and we are hoping they will be Full Fledged Heartlanders by Rally time. They are rig#29.

So now, who will make it 30 rigs for the Rally. No limit on number of rigs, so come on down.
Hogan Cooper

hogan

My answer is: No, not yet. But if you are dying, go for it. Won't cause any problems, I hope.

GETnBYE

Hogan and Donna;

Bonnie and I would love to come to your event. Keep us posted as to when to drop the dime to the CG. Looks like a big weekend planned. If you need anything let me know. And Nita...I have a cd for you, if you'll still talk to me since I'm so late getting back to you.

Mickey, Glad you and Bonnie will be at the rally. No problem on the cd, I am so slow getting photos to people, I am the last one who could complain to anyone. Ha

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader

Nita and Wayne;
How could we not come? The best friends, the best food, and great locations. I know one thing, if Nita says she knows a good place to party, you better listen. See ya in the spring.

Mickey and Bonnie

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

Hey Wayne and Nita, so looking forward to seeing you both again. LuLu's looks like a great place to start, count us in.

GETnBYE

Hey Wayne and Nita, so looking forward to seeing you both again. LuLu's looks like a great place to start, count us in.

Hey Dorothy and Eric, I am excited to see ya'll again and so many others at this rally that I will be able to remember names for. I am the worst at that. I am thinking this will be a very fun time. I am counting the days.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Hey Dorothy and Eric, I am excited to see ya'll again and so many others at this rally that I will be able to remember names for. I am the worst at that. I am thinking this will be a very fun time. I am counting the days.

Nita, I will be studying the list of attendees. I am not too good with names either.

Status
Not open for further replies.