EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Unfortunately due to some considerations, it looks like we'll have to cancel out of the Gulf Shores get-together.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Unfortunately due to some considerations, it looks like we'll have to cancel out of the Gulf Shores get-together.

awwww....I'm sorry to hear that. I, personally, was really looking forward to meeting you. You give such good advice - it would have been nice to meet you in person. Maybe things will work out and you will still be able to make it...if not somewhere down the road, perhaps.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

awwww....I'm sorry to hear that. I, personally, was really looking forward to meeting you. You give such good advice - it would have been nice to meet you in person. Maybe things will work out and you will still be able to make it...if not somewhere down the road, perhaps.

Well, thanks, I appreciate that. :eek:

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

John and Darlene,
So sorry to hear you will not make our AlaMissibamasippi Spring Rally down at Gulf Shores, Alabama. You know if you see the way clear to make it after all, we will certainly welcome you to join us. I will remove your name from the list of attendees, but if you change your mind, let me know and we will put you right back there.

Hogan Cooper

hogan

Heh Gang, I know several of you are primed and ready to make your reservation for the Rally at Gulf State Park April 26th -29th. I talked to one of the park managers today and he asked me to call the head manager on Thursday to finalize plans.

The manager told me that there will be plenty of sites available for us; so don't worry Kelly. I know most of you like to get your plans in place early but he assured me we will be fine.

Again, look for the updates on Friday of this week.

Man, I can't wait for Rally time.

Hogan Cooper

Last edited:

hogan

Okay Gang, the time has arrived to make reservations for the ALAMISSIBAMASIPPI “Spring on the Beach” Rally at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I know many have been anxious to get this little chore completed so you know you have a home for the Rally. I am happy to report there will be ample space for all of us plus anyone else we sign up between now and Rally time.

Here are the particulars:
Everyone
needs to make their own individual reservations for Gulf State Park. Many of us will arrive before the first day of the Rally April 26[SUP]th[/SUP] and perhaps stay longer, so arrange your own length of stay. The park will charge you a one-day non-refundable deposit to confirm your reservation. You will pay the remainder of your camping fees upon arrival and if you decide to extend your stay, you can do so later. I believe they have a 14 day limit on a site.

To make your reservation- Call the campground at 1-800-252-7275
Tell the person taking your reservation
information that you will be with the Heartland Rally. The campground does not do site-specific reservations, but they will assign our Heartland Rally group to one area as we arrive.

If possible, would each of you send me just a short email to
ahcooperii@gmail.com saying that you have made your reservation, or post it on the forum thread. That information will help me to coordinate with the campground management on site assignment.

Donna and I are really anxious to see all of you down at Gulf Shores. We are looking forward to a great time of socializing, some good foods, and some tall tales.

Let’s get ready to Rumble……I mean Rally!!!!
Hogan and Donna Cooper
Chapter Leaders- AL/MS Heartland Owners Club

Last edited:

rsheedy

Bobby & Peggy Sheedy

Peggy and I have reservations, arrive 4/25 depart 4/29 and we are really looking forward to it.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

We're down to arrive on Wednesday April 25th and departing on Monday April 30th.

We'd also be down for Lambert's Throwed Rolls!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Kelly and I are in. We will be there late on Friday and out on Monday! Can wait. We are at the Georgia Rally now and glad to finally get a few days off.

hogan

See Post # 86 for reservations instructions

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

Kelly and I are in. We will be there late on Friday and out on Monday! Can wait. We are at the Georgia Rally now and glad to finally get a few days off.

That should be - we arrive on THURSDAY the 26th and depart on SUNDAY the 19th. And I'm in for some THROWED ROLLS...never been!

hogan

I am reposting the Reservations Instructions below. One thing I forgot to mention: the campground will accept cash, credit, debit cards, but does not accept checks.

Okay Gang, the time has arrived to make reservations for the ALAMISSIBAMASIPPI “Spring on the Beach” Rally at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I know many have been anxious to get this little chore completed so you know you have a home for the Rally. I am happy to report there will be ample space for all of us plus anyone else we sign up between now and Rally time.

Here are the particulars:
Everyone
needs to make their own individual reservations for Gulf State Park. Many of us will arrive before the first day of the Rally April 26[SUP]th[/SUP] and perhaps stay longer, so arrange your own length of stay. The park will charge you a one-day non-refundable deposit to confirm your reservation. You will pay the remainder of your camping fees upon arrival and if you decide to extend your stay, you can do so later. I believe they have a 14 day limit on a site.

To make your reservation- Call the campground at 1-800-252-7275
Tell the person taking your reservation
information that you will be with the Heartland Rally. The campground does not do site-specific reservations, but they will assign our Heartland Rally group to one area as we arrive.

If possible, would each of you send me just a short email to
ahcooperii@gmail.com saying that you have made your reservation, or post it on the forum thread. That information will help me to coordinate with the campground management on site assignment.

Donna and I are really anxious to see all of you down at Gulf Shores. We are looking forward to a great time of socializing, some good foods, and some tall tales.

Let’s get ready to Rumble……I mean Rally!!!!
Hogan and Donna Cooper
Chapter Leaders- AL/MS Heartland Owners Club

gschaaf

Hi Hogan I tried to make my reservation over the weekend but I couldn't get anybody. They only gave hours mon. thru fri. so I will try tommoro. We'll be there one way or another

GETnBYE

Hi Hogan I tried to make my reservation over the weekend but I couldn't get anybody. They only gave hours mon. thru fri. so I will try tommoro. We'll be there one way or another

I made mine online with no problems. I just put Heartland Rally in the notes section.

gschaaf

Thanks Wayne if I don't get thru on the phone tommoro thats what I'll do

hogan

Glenn,
I had same problem; the voice said call back later, but always get same recording; I expect Monday thru Friday will work. I will call today also. What day do you expect to arrive at the Park?

Hogan

jnv

I have been trying to get through to the park since 8:20 am (EST) this morning. I am also just getting the message to hang up and call back. Has anyone made it through yet? Will it be better to use the web site? Looking forward to meeting eveyone in April. See you down the road! :)

Lou_and_Bette

WooHoo, we're in...arrive 4/22 out 5/5. Sorry to see John (JohnDar) is not going to be there...have appreciated his sage wisdom re: problem solving and was looking forward to seeing the multitude of mods he has done to his rig. Can't wait to see old friends again and meeting new ones. Trying to gut out the weather approaching us here just south of Fort Worth, TX..."put the hail deflector shields up. Mr. Scott"

jbeletti

We are confirmed as:
AR: 25-APR
LV:30-APR//heartlandowners.org/x-apple-data-detectors://3
NTS: 5

We confirmed by phone today with Debbie. We called in about 4 or 5 times in a row and got through that way.

Jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.