Fuel Station Keeps Blowing Fuses

rustyshakelford

I tried to use the fuel station to top off the rhino today. I went inside to flip the switch. When I got to the pump it didn't work. I went in and checked to see if the light was still lit for the timer. It was off. Checked fuse. It was blown. Replaced it with another 20 amp. Reset the timer, turned on the pump and nothing again. Id guess I have a short somewhere. Has anyone else had this issue. Were leaving for Colorado in a month and will be gone for two weeks. Having this working is a must have.

Thanks

Brett

CrazyCooter

The circuit is obviously drawing too mach current due to a defective pump or a short on the wire between the pump and the power source. I'd verify the current draw, then try to run down a possible short.

My money is on a defective pump, but I can't just start changing parts without diagnosis.

rustyshakelford

The circuit is obviously drawing too mach current due to a defective pump or a short on the wire between the pump and the power source. I'd verify the current draw, then try to run down a possible short.

My money is on a defective pump, but I can't just start changing parts without diagnosis.

that's what i was thinking...something wrong with the pump. I used it a few weeks ago with no issues. As soon as I flick the switch up, it immediately blows the fuse. I hate having to deal with this so close to our trip, not to mention having to take the camper an hour away to get it worked on

brett

PUG

Pug
crawl under the tank and disconnect the pump and try again. that should tell you if it is the pump. might try hooking something 12 volt up to it to test under load.

Rusty shakelford,

I'm having the same isssue as you with fuel pump blowing fues every time I turn it on, did you ever get yours solved? If so what was the fix for it?

jhunter008

rustyshakelford

Rusty shakelford,

I'm having the same isssue as you with fuel pump blowing fues every time I turn it on, did you ever get yours solved? If so what was the fix for it?

jhunter008

The fix was for the fuel pump to be replaced. Dealer had the trailer for 3 weeks but as of now, its been working great.

Brett