I'm not sure what's going on with my slide

wingfoot

I'm not sure what I'm seeing here..but it doesn't look good. Below are pictures of the left side of my LR slide. It looks like it is scraping/dragging. It has scraped off the thin black coating and is scraping the wood underlaminate. What you're looking at is the rear left corner of my slide..
What do you guys think and what do I need to do?

100_9699.JPG

100_9700 2.JPG

100_9701.jpg

tmcran

Wingfoot,common problem. I had the same thing. Call H L customer service. They are a wear of the problem and have fix that has worked well for me for over a year.. can do search and find several threads.

wingfoot

Wingfoot,common problem. I had the same thing. Call H L customer service. They are a wear of the problem and have fix that has worked well for me for over a year.. can do search and find several threads.

Thanks for the reply...one problem, I'm out of warranty. :(

tmcran

You can order them from parts. Not hard to put on. Uses double back tape. Not to expenseive as I recall.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Once you get the slide adjusted properly, you'll need to cover that exposed wood. Parkland Plastics (you can order through HL) has some stuff for that, especially if it's been gouged. Or give it a good coat of exterior paint and put aluminum corner trim on it (actually all of the slides) to protect it from water collecting and wicking into the end of the plywood.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
HERE is a thread from a year or so ago with some good information and photos.

wingfoot

OK, I contacted Heartland service today. They offer a "Kit" to fix this issue at $38.00 a side plus shipping. It is suppose to be made of plastic/neoprene..So, my question is should I go with the "$9.00" aluminum/metal fix? I want it done right but if one fix is as good as the other?

Thanks in advance for your responses:)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OK, I contacted Heartland service today. They offer a "Kit" to fix this issue at $38.00 a side plus shipping. It is suppose to be made of plastic/neoprene..So, my question is should I go with the "$9.00" aluminum/metal fix? I want it done right but if one fix is as good as the other?

Thanks in advance for your responses:)

Not sure what they quoted you. But the Parkland Plastics slide bottom repair kits are about that price each and are strips of plastic with PSA tape on them. The "kit" includes a tube of their 105 sealer/adhesive. That gives a bearing surface for the rollers so that they don't dig into the wood. I don't know what the HL edge trim kits consist of, be it aluminum or plastic angle material. I went to an aluminum siding distributor and had them bend up aluminum coil stock 36" long with 1 1/4" legs. I removed the existing bottom trim on the side of the slide, stuck the corner piece in place (with a heavy caulk bead inside) and attached it by reattaching the original trim. Cost me $12.00 for the three slides (bedroom didn't need it). I did mine after reading about the problems and before any developed on my rig.