Water caused a problem with the large slide..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Just yesterday I noticed that a corner of the big slide on my 3400 is coming apart. I am sure it is due to water. I don't know if it is from drainage from rain or water from the tire, which is just below the corner.

I am in Cody Wyo and am not going to be able to have the slide properly repaired so I am asking if anyone else has had a similar problem and what was done to repair the damage, at least until later. I was thinking of some type of epoxy or resign to fill the space and seal the plywood until I could get the slide repaired.

Looking for ideas.

BC

DSC_2787 [1024x768].JPG

lwmcguir

I used a wood hardner product from MinMax years ago to repair some wood damage on a camper that had dry rot. Added the plastic wood over that and it held until I could replace the panel.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
lwmcguir, thanks for the reply. I will look into it.

I was also wondering how the slide is built.
How is the carpet installed.
Is the wall bolted or nailed on the floor of the slide?
If I take the carpet up can I remove the rotted section from the wall to the inside or to replace the wood does the wall need to be removed.
Has anyone replaced a part of the slide floor?

I have seen a post some time ago where a section of the bedroom slide floor was repaired. He showed photos of how he did it. Wonder if this part can be replaced in a similar method.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

BC

Birchwood

I noticed the material separating after our first year of operation and applied sealant on the edges to
repel the water.Whatever you use to repair the damage keep in mind that the slide rubs on your carpet
when retracted.The black sealant I used now sometimes leaves a small line of black on the carpet but
its easily cleaned.