We use hand signals, the mirrors and yelling.....

trvlrerik

During the summer heat I often travel at night. When we pull into the camp ground it is often late, my wife and I walk the entire route with flashlights pointing out any possible problem areas, we then check our site and I lay my 2"X12"s where I plan on setting my front landing gear. We then drive into our spot and my wife is at the rear of the camper with her flash light, she shuts it off when I need to stop if there is a problem. I can see the pads in the rear view with my back up light and under the bedroom light to know when I am in the right place.

The flashlight method makes for good neighbors when pulling in at night since there is no yelling going on.

RoadJunkie

We have certainly learned the Zen art of backing or rig into a space through trial and error. We have tried all methods and combinations. Like good practice dictates, we have walked the site, decided where we wanted the door and worked to ensure the slides would extend unfettered. I usually get back in the truck, put it in reverse and scan my mirrors for some sign of my copilot. Nothing. I think she goes back there and hides. I calmly put the truck in park and exit the truck to execute a search pattern to try and find out where she vanished to. After finding her I explain that if she can't see my mirrors, then I can't see her. She explains she wants to see, well, whatever it is she wants to see. We repeat the process of mounting the truck and finally start to move backwards. Now, here's the part where we start to deal with the Mars/Venus factor of a relationship. I have received directions such as "OK, now go over there", and described with some sort of circular waving pattern that must be naturally understood by other Venus-lings. Sometimes it's "No! Your too far over there, turn your wheel", like I didn't know I would have to turn my wheel in this process. Somehow we make it into our spot and we hug, kiss, and jump up and down as if we just won the lottery. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
DW and I have an understanding. She watches and makes sure that I don't hit something I can't see and tells me when I have the trailer to the proper place. I can do so much better if she stays out of the direction giving mode. Now this whole procedure starts every time with - "Do you want me to get out?" Every time....pull through sites cause so much less marital tension.:cool:

Urban350

We have certainly learned the Zen art of backing or rig into a space through trial and error. We have tried all methods and combinations. Like good practice dictates, we have walked the site, decided where we wanted the door and worked to ensure the slides would extend unfettered. I usually get back in the truck, put it in reverse and scan my mirrors for some sign of my copilot. Nothing. I think she goes back there and hides. I calmly put the truck in park and exit the truck to execute a search pattern to try and find out where she vanished to. After finding her I explain that if she can't see my mirrors, then I can't see her. She explains she wants to see, well, whatever it is she wants to see. We repeat the process of mounting the truck and finally start to move backwards. Now, here's the part where we start to deal with the Mars/Venus factor of a relationship. I have received directions such as "OK, now go over there", and described with some sort of circular waving pattern that must be naturally understood by other Venus-lings. Sometimes it's "No! Your too far over there, turn your wheel", like I didn't know I would have to turn my wheel in this process. Somehow we make it into our spot and we hug, kiss, and jump up and down as if we just won the lottery. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks I needed to know I am not the only one:cool:

sjs731

Hastey, that is the way we handle it. I prefer my DW not try to use hand signals or direct me. She is more skilled at making sure I don't hit anything. One time she was watching the tires I COULD see and the ones she needed to be watching were breaking the edge of the driveway off. She has gotten better since then. I still occasionally need to remind her if she can't see my mirrors I can't see her.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We use our cell phones no yelling here !! he has learned to trust me he used to have to see me all the time but if he can see me i can't see the other side of the trailer so now he lets me stand at the other side so I can see I just have to keep talking to him he don't talk just me. It has taken us 6 years but we do pretty darn good now !!Trust it's all about Trust!!! JMO!!

Speedy

We use walkie talkies as well. Lots of yelling, lots of swearing and then She backs it into the spot just fine.