bathroom light and fan not working

Hi, I hope someone out there can help me. I have a 2011 BDSS northtrail travel trailer. I have had it for 1 month and the bathroom light and fan do not work, I checked the fuse and it was fine, the battery is fine. they both worked when I got the unit but not now, any ideas? I bought it out of state and dont really want to deal with my local dealer. He knows I was in the market for one and would probably not help me since i bought one from someone else. I would like to fix it on my own if possible.

jimtoo

Hi canucksfan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am sure some of our other owners will jump in soon with some ideas.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Northern Virginia
Get a 12v tester and start on the fuse end and then the appliance end. Usually you get lucky on one of those ends.

John

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Start looking for wire nuts in the circuits. Others have had problems with them coming loose in various places.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would start at the switch and then the outlet and then the lights. The power could be cut at any location. Just start taking the items off the wall. Behind each item there should be a electrical box that the wiring is in. Good luck. And while you have them out make sure the connections are ALL tight. Electrical Tape everything that uses the twist type connectors.