Squeaky floors

wingfoot

My 3400RE has got a case of the Squeaky floor syndrome, and not in just one area. Anybody have this problem and what did you do about it..I told my DW she needed to lose some weight..you can imagine how that went over..:eek:

GOTTOYS

My 3400RE has got a case of the Squeaky floor syndrome, and not in just one area. Anybody have this problem and what did you do about it..I told my DW she needed to lose some weight..you can imagine how that went over..:eek:
Wow! You're still alive and well enough to write this?..Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You type pretty good for only having one functional eye and two fingers (not on the same hand) remaining. Surprising that the cleft in the middle of your skull from the rolling pin hasn't clouded your thought processes.

But, yes, we had a very squeaky bedroom floor after our first season. Ended up getting the entire bedroom floor and closet replaced...under warranty. Seems there was some significant delamination and some gussets needed to be welded in. If you can feel ridges under the carpet or lino where it squeaks, it's possible your subfloor is delaminating.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ours have squeeked since it was new. Just got used to it and no one can sneek up on you.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Our toilet room squeeks. Looked for water damage but did not find any. As said above, we just live with it.

BC

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Our floor in front of the sink squeeks at times. It depends on the weather and humidity. Turn up the TV, radio or turn down your hearing aid.:) Its alot of work and money to fix. If you are going to replace the carpet or install wood flooring soon. Then you could add some more screws in the floor. You might be able to add some screws or soak the wood between the frame with WD40 or linseed oil if you remove the underbelly. Its either lots of work or money or both.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One of our forum members had that problem and solved it by taking out the old vinyl and re-screwing the floor. He then replaced the flooring with laminate. Looks great.
Ray..........where are you??
He has pics.

Peace
Dave

wingfoot

One of our forum members had that problem and solved it by taking out the old vinyl and re-screwing the floor. He then replaced the flooring with laminate. Looks great.
Ray..........where are you??
He has pics.

Peace
Dave

I'd like to see those Pics...But it's not anything that can't be solved by drinking a few extra mind altering substances..:D

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our floor in front of the sink squeeks at times. It depends on the weather and humidity.

Same here. Showed the dealer the problem under warranty, but when they went to address it, they couldn't get it to squeak. Neither could we when we went to pick it up. A few mo. later, it was back, then gone again... Just ignore it now.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'd like to see those Pics...But it's not anything that can't be solved by drinking a few extra mind altering substances..:D
We've been out of the area for a few days but here are some pics.
The laminate is from Home Depot and has attached pad. About a full days job for the average Joe. I took a tad longer due to knees, back, shoulder and if I had a chop saw, could have done it in less than a day.
I used a stud finder to locate the wooden studs and added quite a few screws. The kitchen is solid now but the floor between the LR & kitchen is beginning to squeak a bit. New carpet is in the plan and when that happens I'll get the stud finder and screw gun busy again.

Attachments

• Before..JPG
    Before..JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 72
  • After..JPG
    After..JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 61

Birchwood

We had a squeak in front of our closet in the bedroom so I added a screw at the floor joist
in the area and it was 80% better.I wouldn't of added a screw through the carpet in a highly
visible area.

Dave

Traveling Two
Our bathroom squeeked and sagged, ended up tearing out the ceiling of the storage compartment to get to the bathroom sub-flooring, then glued and screwed 2x3's between the existing floor joist. While it was all opened, we installed additional insulation in the bathroom and hallway.

caissiel

We had squeeky stairs and I solved the problem by remouving all the screws when I setup the steps for storage under the steps.
Not realy related to the floor, but sometime fasteners do cause the squeeking.

Sandpirate69

I had that problem with the squeeks in the room of my 305RW. I took it to the dealer where I bought it. They removed a piece of the rug and noticed that the floor staples or nails had not been driven down far enough. To make a long story short, the dealer had to remove the bed and re-do the entire room. Which leads me to another question. If the room wasn't nailed correctly, how about the rest of the rig? I really don't wan't to think about it. The ending to the story is HL paid the dealer for the repair. This dealer really is very helpful. I have purchased all my RV's from them and it's always been a pleasure to do business with them.