Hitch for mounting a Flag Pole

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I'm wondering if anyone has already done this:

I would like to get a hitch mount for my flagpole - but I do not want to mount it in the rear of the rig, I'll never tow anything with my Rig any ways and I do not want to have it in the way of the Door. I'd like to have it at the rear of the door side of the Rig. Has anyone done this? Right now I have a wheel plate - but just realized that it will not work one side has the LR slide and the other has the awning ...

Any thoughts or suggestions from the Cyclone Community on what has been done. No need to reinvent the wheel if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Kevin

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Kevin, I think you might find what your looking for Under Daune's MODS page (AKA) "Porthole" !! Look for post #44.or //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=93543&viewfull=1#post93543

Last edited:

jpdoggett

Greg
Thanks for showing this I have a 2011 Landmark Augusta with the 4 slides and I was wondering how I could do this so Thanks again

Jim

Crumgater

We have the wheel plate flagpole holder, too. We put it under the back stabilizer jack to keep it out of the way of slides and such. Not sure on your unit, but it might work?

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
I bought our 16ft from Poles and Holder last year at the Hershey RV Show where they had a booth !! We are very happy with it and normal have 2 flags a flying . One thing I will add is that they did a upgrade adding pins to each section so it will not loosen up and drop in height. This has never been a issue yet for me !!

pegmikef

Thanx Freckles, looks perfect for what I need and yeah it mentions that upgrade. I spoke with the folks and they don't have a stabilizer jack holder for the 16 foot pole, but said I can get the 22 foot pole and just not open one of the sections.

Geodude

I just finished installing a "flagpole" this evening, based on an idea I got from a friend. What I did was bought three 6' antenna mast sections at Lowe's. This stuff comes as 1.25" O.D. tubing, crimped on one end so it mates with other pieces.

I permanently attached one piece of the mast to the side of the ladder by replacing the ladder step end screws with 4" screws so that I had enough length to go thru the flagpole and into the step. The top of this permanent piece goes to the top of the ladder, and the piece is secured in three places. I stow two mast sections in the trailer, one of which has the flag attached to it.

At the campsite it's a matter of attaching the flag section to the middle section, then climbing a couple of steps up the ladder and attaching the two assembled pieces to the base section. This puts the top of my flag about 12' above the roof of the trailer.

porthole

Retired
Kevin, I think you might find what your looking for Under Daune's MODS page (AKA) "Porthole" !! Look for post #44.or //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=93543&viewfull=1#post93543

Thanks Greg, saved me from having to search! :D

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Duane,

Looks to me that you put this on the back side of your rig behind the fuel station - correct?

Kevin

porthole

Retired
Looks to me that you put this on the back side of your rig behind the fuel station - correct?

That is correct. Looking at the door for the pump/nozzle it is just in front of that. I used to use the "under the tire" plate, under the rear stab jack. But that turned into a bit inconvenient, having to store that big plate and I didn't always use those jacks.

On our previous travel trailer I did something similar but just used a 2" square tube hose clamped to the tongue A frame.