ATF: Sundance - Wire diagram for vent.

ppenka

I want to install a fantastic fan on the living room. I have a purple and white loop hanging down. Is that a 12v wire or not? this is on a 3300sk model year 2009

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is this to replace an existing fan? If so use the wires that feed it. If not replacing, take your meter and check voltage on those two wires. If they are 12 volt, I would use them.

Peace
Dave

ppenka

Thanks I tried that and either the meter isn't working or there is a switch that needs to be turned on. I would hate to have the RV guy come out and put it in and charge me a bunch for a 15min job. Its just wierd that there is one loop there without any power on it. Purple and White I don't understand it?

MC9

Take the two wires and touch it to the fan wires and see if it works. Check the 12 volt fuses. I can pretty much gaurantee they won't be 110. I installed a fantastic fan in our 2900MK.

ppenka

I"m gonna try it but I would still like the factory to let me know what it is. It my be on the switch to the Fireplace (which I don't have) Wait no that would be 110.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I"m gonna try it but I would still like the factory to let me know what it is. It my be on the switch to the Fireplace (which I don't have) Wait no that would be 110.

Have you called the factory? If you're waiting for a reply here, it may take a while. Have the last 6 digits of your VIN ready and they may be able to help you.

ppenka

John,
Thanks I just called them and did the whole VIN thing lastnight when I posted the first one. I hope they can help I dont want this fan to turn out to be a $500 fan. :(

guitarpicr

Take a 12 volt light bulb testor & check i They cost about 3 dollars - I dont think I would hook 110 volts to a 12 volt fan -You might cook the motor & they wont warrant that. If you suspect it is 110 & dont have a testor - u can use a known working floor lamp or radio & just touch one wire to each side of the plug, be careful doing this. Also did u check electrical panel & see if there are any breakers turned off?

JohnDar

Tell me I'm wrong, but isn't all of the 120V wiring in the rig solid copper sheathed Romex-style wire? Colored individual or pairs of stranded wire, usually 14 - 16 ga. are 12V. You could not use stranded wire in the style of 120V outlets they put in these things. Time to invest in a digital VOM.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Are there any other wires besides the 2 you found? Are there any thermostat wires? If not then you will have manually turn it on. Might be a stinker to run thermostat wires through the roof and down a wall. Just saying.

JohnDar

As far as running the wires, they do make decorative conduit material to run wires on the wall, rather than behind them. Might not be the decor' you're looking for, but trying to fish wires through styrofoam block may be bordering on suicidal.