Newbie - North County 30 BHS

Hello,

We are newbie's to the Heartland world, picking up our North County 30 BHS this afternoon, hopefully we made the right decision. Kind of nervous about towing with my Tundra 5.7 but I guess we will find out. Looking forward to getting out on its first outing here in a couple of weeks.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
What year is your Tundra?? Some of the early ones had a diff that was too small and would not hold up to heavy towing.

jimtoo

Hello,

We are newbie's to the Heartland world, picking up our North County 30 BHS this afternoon, hopefully we made the right decision. Kind of nervous about towing with my Tundra 5.7 but I guess we will find out. Looking forward to getting out on its first outing here in a couple of weeks.

Hi NeDuckJunkie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. When you go for PDI, please do a good inspection of all items. Make sure everything works and you can work everything,,, from draining the tanks to turning on the TV.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
OK, you should be fine. I forgot to mention that the Titan's had the same issue. Maybe Nissan and Toyota should get diff's from GM. If your truck has a "locker" type diff...you might think about changing the fluid to synthetic. It hold up better to excessive heat. I never have a problem towing with the 5.7 (350) Chevy engines. JMHO, I dont think anyone yet has come up with a better design than the small block Chevy engine.